Dumaguete Info Search

Shipping car from Manila to Dumaguete

Discussion in 'Dumaguete City' started by reedee, Apr 19, 2010.

1. jellyfish

jellyfish DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +19 / 0
    Comon KidInTown ........Are you serious ????
    That won't happen that easy in the Philippines !!:D:D:wink:

2. NewKidInTown

NewKidInTown DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I know, I know, just in case. And is there anybody who believes the insurance company will pay anything ?

3. OP
    OP
    reedee

reedee DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    insurance

Pronto Express offered insurance protection at 1.5% of the valuation of your items. Yes, we are just hoping and praying nothing happens, because no amount of insurance would cover the loss of family photos, etc.......

4. Balintawak

Balintawak DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Nice info about the roads here. I would love to drive to Cebu-Manila-Baguio one day. Remember to review the company reedee. I work with customs and imp&exp etc so its always good to connect with reliable companies for domestic clients and expats.

Cheers

5. PangitPilot

PangitPilot DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +13 / 0
    i plan to drive mine down ClARK -> bATANGAS -> Calapan -> Roxas - Caticlan - IlioIlio - I forget the next one -> Dumaguete. I think that is three Ferry Rides. Nice to sit back and relax with the fresh sea air

Will fill it to the brim with all the stuff my wife wants to take that will one would not normally spend money to ship. MAy even put a roof rack on it if I can get away with it :smile:

Seriously, it is a good and safe trip, you just need someone who knows how to to the Arrastre thingy and lots of copies opf Or and Cr's for the car.

If you have someone in manila who you trust, why not send them down with the car driving. Jump on a plane the day after they leave and meet them in Dumaguete on arrival

Superferry means Manila Harbour, Yuk

Cheers

6. PangitPilot

PangitPilot DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +13 / 0
    Manila Baguio is a Breeze, NLEX to ANgeles, feeded to teh SCTEX to Tarlac, UP to Kennon Road, (magnificant drive) and you are there

Manila to Angeles 1,5 hours (depending on where you leave manila from)
    Angeles to Tarlac on SCTEX 30 minutes
    Tarlac to Baguio 2-3 hours depending on time of day (Schools, etc)

Cebu to Manila, now that is a different story

Cheers

7. Travellingman

Travellingman DI Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Hey PangitPilot

Greetings
    Am interested to know if you made the trip as I am thinking about doing it next year?
    How was the experience and have fares gone up much?
    Thanks

8. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,583 / 1,017
    I brought a car to Dgte from Manila in Feb. I investigated Super Ferry, the problem along with the cost was trying to get a commitment as to when they would assure the car would be shipped, as I believe their once a week shipments are full of supplies and other commitments, and they would only give me a week to week check with them for availability. I decided to pay my former Makati driver to bring it here via land and sea. He in turn hired a buddy to be his co-pilot. They made it here in 32 hour via Makati to Batangas land, ferry to I think Roxas, land to Iloilo, ferry to Bacolad, and land to Dgte. It was a wise choice and saved big pesos and time to be sure. I have a 4 wheel drive SUV but even though some of the hiways on Panay were rough, they never had use the 4 wheel drive. Let me know if you would like more details. Good luck.

9. Travellingman

Travellingman DI Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Thanks PatO for the feedback.
    Am intending to drive myself at a more leisurely pace sightseeing along the way. Hope PangitPilot can relate his experiences.
    Have a nice weekend

10. coolitguy

coolitguy DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    hi... im planning to bring my toyota vios from manila to dumaguete this coming month of May. Is there anyone here knows the freight rate of sulpicio line for car shipping from manila to dumaguete?