Dumaguete Info Search

Shipping Containers

Discussion in 'Property Development' started by skarfeys, Nov 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NYC

NYC DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer Blood Donor Veteran Air Force

Retired Airline pilot
    Ratings:
    +576 / 154
    Blood Type:
    A-
    There are shipping container cottage model homes on display in Dumaguete. South Highway on the southbound side about 1 km down from Robinson Place. Hard to miss since they have a huge billboard up above the three cottages they have there. They call themselves "Kyoob Built Homes." (I am guessing "Kyoob" is their clever spelling for "cube.") As best I can tell, Kyoob is a pretty big outfit in Southeast Asia. I am just beginning to explore this as I am interested in a "starter" home to place on a lot while the "real home" gets built while I am there to supervise.

These models in Dumaguete seem expensive (+/- PHP 1 million) but I guess it depends on what is included beside the finished house itself, e.g. foundation, transportation, plumbing/electrical hookups, etc.

Their facility in Mandaue City, Cebu, has a website: Shipping container homes

The pics on the website are far more inviting than the models here in Dumaguete which are all three "Cottage Series."

Any other info on these, or any competitors around, I would love to hear about it.

• Informative Informative x 3
  2. NYC

Retired Airline pilot
    Ratings:
    +576 / 154
    Blood Type:
    A-
    Since the original question on this thread was 2015, I would like to ask that same question to see if Dumaguete has evolved: Does anyone know of a vendor in DUMAGUETE that sells used cargo containers? Not really interested in getting one from Cebu or Manila right now because I would want to see it first and can't travel now even if I wanted to.

3. Roadwitch80

Roadwitch80 DI Member

Ratings:
    +315 / 62
    Call Lorenzo Shipping and look for Lance. He has dilapidated container vans that he is looking to get rid of.

• Informative Informative x 2
  4. NYC

Retired Airline pilot
    Ratings:
    +576 / 154
    Blood Type:
    A-
    Thanks....will do that.

5. Catabisis

Catabisis DI Member Infamous

Ratings:
    +45 / 9
    Blood Type:
    A+
    I have researched shipping containers for a home. The sliding door is a first. Pretty much makes it hurricane proof. I decided to build a concrete dome home in a couple years.

6. Catabisis

Ratings:
    +45 / 9
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Be sure to ask for a history of what was put in the containers in the past. As far as I know, it a requirement in maritime law. If they give you the run around and you still purchase, be sure to epoxy the floor to seal it.

7. Catabisis

Ratings:
    +45 / 9
    Blood Type:
    A+
    The containers are made to withstand sea journeys

8. Notmyrealname

Notmyrealname DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,591 / 2,888
  9. Brezer

Brezer DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +14 / 1
    I know its been a bit of time since the post but did you have any luck? I am currently looking for some in Dumaguete City.

10. Notmyrealname

Notmyrealname DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,591 / 2,888
    I was looking at Kyoob today ( as written about by @NYC in 2017) but was unable to find a working website - then saw this video

and it states they are not working in the Philippines now.

Their finished products looked good (even had enclosed shower units with radio!) but I wonder how they compare cost wise to a concrete home (get ready for the onslaught from my friend @DAVE1952 !).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.