Dumaguete Info Search

Shipping from the US to the RP

Discussion in 'Expat Section' started by Mr. Reddit, Oct 15, 2022.

1. Mr. Reddit

Mr. Reddit DI Member

Ratings:
    +33 / 2
    Does anyone have experience as to the cost of shipping an item from the US west coast to the Philippines? I just bought some shorts on Amazon to find out they do not ship to the PH. So, I need to find out the cheapest/reliable way to ship the 5# package from the west coast. Thanks ahead.

2. cabb

cabb DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster ✤Forum Sponsor✤

Ratings:
    +1,106 / 241
    xyz express has a minibox.

https://www.xyzglobalexpress.com/

No idea on cost as we only used them for jumbo boxes which were about $95. It won't be fast.

3. OP
    OP
    Mr. Reddit

Mr. Reddit DI Member

Ratings:
    +33 / 2
    I am on their page now but apparently no air service. also trying to select the mini box for a price but it doesn't work.

4. cabb

cabb DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster ✤Forum Sponsor✤

Ratings:
    +1,106 / 241
    When I said it wouldn't be fast, I meant this it goes by ship. I have no idea if they do air service since I've never used it. You FedEx, DHL and USPS will do express service, but I'm sure it's expensive. You might check LBC.

5. OzeMike

OzeMike DI Forum Adept

Retired
    Ratings:
    +621 / 46
    Blood Type:
    O+
    An American friend just bought clothes on Amazon including shorts as they have free shipping to Philippines (promo??) arrived in 2 weeks he said.
    Keep your order under P10k and no import tax he mentioned.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Edward K

Edward K DI Senior Member Veteran Navy

Ratings:
    +995 / 82
    Last year a new shipping service opened, Shipping Cart at shippingcart.com. They do air, or sea for heavy stuff. You ship to the warehouse in Hayward California (or Korea, Japan, Australia, UK), they ship to your door, use LBC for in-country. LBC expedites the air stuff as they are terrified of loosing ShippingCart's biz... Had one air package arrive in 6 days to our front door from California, including customs, usually 10 days. We've used them a dozen times in the last year, over half of it amazon crap. Their customer service email answers within 24 hours...

• Informative Informative x 5