Dumaguete Info Search

Silence

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by john boy, Dec 27, 2022.

1. john boy

john boy DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Retired
    Ratings:
    +1,155 / 230
    Silence is a powerful tool
    It can work for you or against you,
    Michaelangelo is quoted in todays "UCB Word for Today", as a visionary when he picked up a piece of marble, what one person saw as worthless he saw differently.
    So long as people are silent or silenced, change will never come about.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword" and a more peaceful means.
    In 2023 we will have choices, it will come down to, are we willing to pay the price?
    My hope for 2023 is that we will see Peace return to this troubled world.
    May we all have a year that sees the changes we would like to see.......JB

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2022
  2. Show Pony

Show Pony DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +2,377 / 1,261
    Before there will be peace people are going to have to learn the difference between a fact and a lie.
    Sit back and watch almost any news channel and you will see politicians and their supporters tell all kinds of bold face lies. As long as people like the lies they accept them.
    All I can say is carry on my wayward son. There will be no peace until this changes.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Crystalhead

Crystalhead ADMIN Admin ★ Forum Moderator ★ ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ ★★ Forum Sponsor ★★ ★ No Ads ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired
    Ratings:
    +1,991 / 1,090
    I agree fully. Almost the last 3 decades of my Life, when I here the news (particularly when it's political finger pointing) I just believe the exact opposite of what they are saying. The truth in most all cases is the opposite of main stream media. Cheers and a Happy New Years,

• Like Like x 2
  4. Crystalhead

Crystalhead ADMIN Admin ★ Forum Moderator ★ ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ ★★ Forum Sponsor ★★ ★ No Ads ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired
    Ratings:
    +1,991 / 1,090
    Agree somewhat BUT the Pen has also written much more disinformation and untruths than any other instrument. An instrument of historic lies and re-arrangement, propaganda, hate, division, dogmatic crap galore, untruths & misinformation. I do get your positivity in your post. which rings love and positivity, I applaud that! Happy New Years to you and yours in 2023.

• Like Like x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. Notmyrealname

Notmyrealname DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,600 / 2,889
    There will never be peace in the World unless 'survival of the fittest' no longer exists - and it will always exist. The 'fittest' is often the most belligerent and, of course, cares little for others. It is the one that often grabs power - spurning democracy. The only hope for peace is the permanent domination of the world by one benign group - be it internal or external. Even then, power corrupts.

6. Notmyrealname

Ratings:
    +5,600 / 2,889
    Btw, has the custom for the Boss of the Forum to distribute food and drink to members been abandoned this year? I remember the many jolly times that Mr R trundled up my pathway on Christmas Eve, sledge in tow and abundant with goodies, singing a merry tune. Well, things change.

• Funny Funny x 3
  7. OP
    OP
    john boy

john boy DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Retired
    Ratings:
    +1,155 / 230
    Maybe you are on Santa's naughty list......I got mine

Attached Files:

• Funny Funny x 2
  8. Crystalhead

retired
    Ratings:
    +1,991 / 1,090
    As I recall Mr.R nominated you to take that task on this year and I 2nd the motion. Congratulations! Sorry I did not get the Memo out sooner. Cheers!

• Funny Funny x 2
  9. Crystalhead

retired
    Ratings:
    +1,991 / 1,090
    Santa Gives User (NotMyRealName) the >SAME< gift each and every year no matter if he has been good or bad......Gift below.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Notmyrealname

Ratings:
    +5,600 / 2,889
    And you didn't tell me earlier? FFS, Xmas (two 'words' that should not be neighbours) has gone! Never mind, there should be another one next year - by which time all we oldies with declining memories will have forgotten it's my task.

Note on memory decline: Made some carrot soup and, being a rather creative chef if I say so myself, I added a tin of lentils. It looked liked cowpats - possibly tasted the same but I've not yet had the pleasure of eating cowpats (I am sure it must be a Filipino speciality dish in some region). Anyway, to make this short story longer, I decided to recook the cowpat soup with tomatoes and it turned into 'cowpat-with-blood' soup (those Northeners who eat black pudding would like it). I was only reminded that I was cooking the soup when I smelled the burning - so now I have 'burnt cowpat-with-blood' soup. Let that be a warning to everyone. :smile:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1