Dumaguete Info Search

SIM card registration

Discussion in 'News and Weather' started by charlyB, Oct 11, 2022.

1. Dutchie

Dutchie DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +1,743 / 123
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Because the law also stipulates that the Telcoms would have 60 days to get their registration platforms up and running.
    Before then you couldn't register, so the media weren't interested.

2. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086
    So once again, we ( The end user) pays for others cockups. I would just add here that it took Spain 6+ years to complete registrations and he wants is done in 6 months:banghead2:

3. Mike_Haddon

Mike_Haddon DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +305 / 31

Is there something wrong with this post? Seems innocuous, yet classed as 'Trollin' by Stephan Negros and hidden?

4. Crystalhead

Crystalhead ADMIN Admin ★ Forum Moderator ★ ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ ★★ Forum Sponsor ★★ ★ No Ads ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired
    Ratings:
    +1,991 / 1,090
    This is a green law and they will fine tune it, rest assured. They will aim for (all) rest assured and as I said will start clamping down (tightening the new law further) Work with providers in the sharing of information and opened loops will closed. What I wrote was not definitive.

5. Show Pony

Show Pony DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +2,377 / 1,261
    He probably gave the rating by accident. He did that to me to. I exchanged messages with him and he acknowledged it was an error. When I asked him to reverse the rating he couldn't be bothered....so?

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Mike_Haddon

Mike_Haddon DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +305 / 31
    Thank you, so, my question to admin, does a Trollin rating lead to automatically hidden post? That could lead to anarchy, if true.

7. Garcia

Garcia DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +322 / 129
    Anyone received this?

Attached Files:

8. Crystalhead

Crystalhead ADMIN Admin ★ Forum Moderator ★ ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ ★★ Forum Sponsor ★★ ★ No Ads ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired
    Ratings:
    +1,991 / 1,090
    Message sent!

9. Notmyrealname

Notmyrealname DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,600 / 2,889
    An explanation for this has been given by @Dutchie - that the start date was actually in October - but you are correct that it is a piece of stupidity. And it continues.... the start date is NOT shown in the above DICT advisory but in an article published today (relating to frauds associated with sim registration) in 'The Inquirer' (https://newsinfo.inquirer.net/1716250/sim-registration-meant-to-fight-scams-now-being-used-for-fraud) they gave a start date and end date and stated that it is 180 days (whereas it is 120 days, of course). That sort of misleading information is only going to decrease the math ability of the local population such that it may end up being close to bottom of the World's league tables and that would be a disaster for such a perfect, brilliant and high-flying country (as they themselves often say).

View attachment upload_2023-1-14_6-59-6.png

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  10. Stefan_Negros

Stefan_Negros DI Member

Ratings:
    +428 / 12
    Nothing wrong with this post.

Unfortunately by accident I pushed the wrong button. Apologize for that.

• Thanks Thanks x 1