Dumaguete Info Search

SIM card registration

Discussion in 'News and Weather' started by charlyB, Oct 11, 2022.

1. Garcia

Garcia DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +322 / 129
    Also what is the position if I were to "loan" my good friends phone? Is he or I guilty under this law protecting us from those scamny bad guys?

Best run it past my SRL (SIM registration lawyer)

2. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,583 / 1,017
    If you have a Globe postpaid, they will automatically register your SIM card

3. God Bless Texas

God Bless Texas DI Member

Ratings:
    +295 / 17
    In a country still trying to figure out a national ID card and from the number of people afraid of checkpoints because they don't have paperwork or it is expired, then are all those phones going to be cut off?
    I think not, big families will have a few people register just like parents will for their kids.
    The idea behind tracking or enforcing is a joke. Already people have 2 or 3 sim cards (1 for each Telco). I guess the questions are
    1. how many sim cards does 1 person need to have before a "red flag" is raised
    2 what sing central database is housing the info from each telco
    3. What is the lag time between regisering to the database
    Keep in mind something similar was going on for VAXCERT for covid. I am sure some of you still may not have your information properly updated on vaccines.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Notmyrealname

Notmyrealname DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,636 / 2,899
    There is a Flow Chart for this:

Are you a foreigner?
    YES > then you are a very bad guy and deserve to be arrested, jailed and deported.
    NO > then you are a good guy whatever you do wrong.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Garcia

Garcia DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +322 / 129
    Someone no doubt will see this as a business opportunity or maybe that's just the idea and it's in place already? Now I'd imagine first port of call would be the money exchangers on that corner I got approached by the other day. Obviously as a gentleman I declined their generous offer...

6. jimeve

jimeve DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired.
    Ratings:
    +1,876 / 1,029
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Attempted 4 times to register my sim, I gave up. Globe sim, kept asking for my phone number so I entered the phone number. Try again having entered the number.

7. Garcia

Garcia DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +322 / 129
    That's no excuse in the eyes of the law I'm sure they'll say. No doubt it will come down to you being responsible not their failed software.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Garcia

Garcia DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +322 / 129
    China uses facial recognition to fine you for jaywalking and debits your bank account via WeChat. This little scam started over 4 years ago.

Once people here confirm to this phone nonsense the government are on their way to the next step. Don't think they've not already thought about it.

9. Crystalhead

Crystalhead ADMIN Admin ★ Forum Moderator ★ ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ ★★ Forum Sponsor ★★ ★ No Ads ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired
    Ratings:
    +2,023 / 1,093
    I still have never owned a cell phone and assuredly, never will. Cheers & Beers! < Best option.

10. NowandThen

NowandThen DI Forum Adept Restricted Account

Ratings:
    +353 / 87
    Blood Type:
    AB+
    Dinosaurs were fascinating animals.https://giphy.com/stickers/fSM1fAZJOixky6npXS

Gesendet von meinem M2101K6G mit Tapatalk