Dumaguete Info Search

Siquijor lawer shot

Discussion in 'News and Weather' started by alex, Jun 3, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jens K

Jens K DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +764 / 47
    Blood Type:
    AB+
    True, everything is far from good in terms of law enforcement and I understand these will naturally lead to vigilantism. But a president actually promoting vigilantism as a valid solution is, well, I'm struggling to find a good word, misguided?

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. robert k

robert k DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +1,213 / 264
    If one doesn't like what Duterte is doing, then vote him out next election. Oh, wait, you can't vote. You will get in trouble just for interfering with the election process. I believe that is fairly well established?

The question is, what do you do now? Somehow I believe the answer to that is continue to tell people how you feel about an issue you have no say in. It's like the abortion issue where women claim men are telling them what to do with their bodies. You are saying you know what is best for Filipinos. I'm sure they appreciate it.

3. mokum

mokum DI Senior Member

retired
    Ratings:
    +574 / 136
    50 million bounty for Duterte and Bato The Chief Superintendent and future Philippines National Police (PNP) chief Ronald "Bato" Delarosa said in a television interview on Thursday that the drug lords have the bounty for Duterte and increased it to 50 million PHP. Delarosa says: "Yesterday the bounty of 10 million PHP increased to 50 million PHP 50 million PHP for Mayor Duterte and 50 million PHP for me.." According Delarosa the bounty was increased because there were no takers. Previously said Delarosa that the bounty of the drug lords who are detained in the New Bilibid Prison was exposed. MIB 06/10/2016 - 2:45

mokum
    This message by mokum has been hidden. This message may be off-topic or have violated forum rules. (Show message)
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Abhorrent! Abhorrent! x 1
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 10, 2016
  4. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,207 / 1,082
    Are we really surprised by this? :wideyed:

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,207 / 1,082
    OK guys lets just settle down.
    Just for saying so ( And not for the first time) Please (Anyone) do not Alter any Post by another member, it Will look like they said Something they did not. Lets not start any wars on the Board, if you have a problem Report it as this issue has been and let the Owner and/or Moderators deal with it. :thumbsup:

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. jimf

jimf DI Member Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +142 / 18
    The People of the Philippines have spoken.
    They are tired of seeing their sons, daughters, husbands, wives...entire country poisoned by the scourge of drugs and corruption, directly or indirectly.
    The People elected Duterte specifically because they have become aware of the ridiculous efforts of the ruling class and law-enforcement to curb these tough issues. People of the West and beyond simply do not have the stomach to fix tough problems, but apparently that is starting to change.
    In no way can extra-judicial killings be condoned, but I'll ask you this, would you rather your country be run by drug lords, or a killer of drug lords?

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. jimf

jimf DI Member Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +142 / 18
    p.s.
    I personally hope he kills every goddamm one of them!

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. Jens K

Jens K DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +764 / 47
    Blood Type:
    AB+
    Oversimplification of complex issues like that is why they elected him.

A country run by drug lords vs a country run by killers? Tough choice if you ask me.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Show Pony

Show Pony DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +2,368 / 1,258
    Oversimplified, yes/no.
    I've been here a little over seven years and know several kids that have gotten involved with Shaun.
    I'm pretty sure none of them would have gone near that stuff if they thought there would be consequences like a bullet between the eyes.
    Dealers here are pretty aggressive soliciting customers. They will even give credit to make a sale.
    There probably is little help for addicts but new users might think twice. That's a step forward as far as I can tell.

10. Jens K

Jens K DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +764 / 47
    Blood Type:
    AB+
    People drink and smoke despite the well-known risks of addiction, cancer etc.
    I doubt the vague chance of being shot (because being a consumer? Not going to happen even with Duterte) will stop any kid to try that forbidden stuff out. And why? Because it's forbidden. My parents always told me to never, ever try smoking. Guess what I did as soon as I got the chance?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.