Dumaguete Info Search

Update Site Maintenance

Discussion in 'Forum Announcements & User Feedback' started by Rye83, Aug 24, 2016.

1. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I have some maintenance, minor updates and a few new installs that I'm needing to get done (on both the WordPress and Xenforo sides). Site might go down or you might see the layout/design looking broken for short periods (hopefully anyway!) while I'm doing these things. Nothing major here just some things I have been putting off for awhile.

• Informative Informative x 3
  2. OP
    OP
    Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Done for now today. Lots of stuff updated and functioning as they should (most will go largely unnoticed) and there were a few new features added (that will also likely go unnoticed). The FAQs up top will be the most noticeable. Right now it is only focused on how the forum/website works but later I will add categories/questions that are more Dumaguete/Philippines/Expat/Immigration related.

If you have questions about the forum (or really any topic) you can submit it at the FAQs link in the navigation bar. I have been dealing with this forum software for quite some time now and getting around the software is second nature to me so I'm bound to miss some of the obvious problems and "FAQs" a new/infrequent user may have so any questions that can be submitted would be a big help. Frequently Asked Questions | Dumaguete Info

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. jim787

jim787 DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +434 / 38
    I am getting the "please disable Adblock" message again, after a lapse of many months. I check my Adblock settings, and it is already disabled for this site.

4. OP
    OP
    Rye83

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Which ad blocker are you using? A screenshot could be helpful as well.

5. jim787

jim787 DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +434 / 38
    I use Adblock Plus. Your automated message occurs only occasionally. I should mention also that I get no ads.

6. alex

alex DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster

EXPERT BOLA BOLA
    Ratings:
    +1,296 / 1,129
    I disabled Adblock OMG i got swamped by garbage i did not wanted to buy, the final straw was when i took a crap and came back to find 7 different brand,s of ars paper i should buy , so its back on

7. OP
    OP
    Rye83

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    What? Are these ads you are seeing pop-ups? Where are they located? Or are you just joking around?

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

8. OP
    OP
    Rye83

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Is your ad blocker on? Screenshot?

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

9. OP
    OP
    Rye83

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    FYI, there are only two places you should be seeing ads on thread views while using a computer.
    At the top of the page:
    Screenshot from 2016-08-30 18:46:41.png
    and at the bottom of the page:
    Screenshot from 2016-08-30 18:46:48.png

If you are seeing pop-ups or ads anywhere else (from the time of this post) you have a virus on your computer. The ads on the forum most certainly aren't of the "swamping" kind.

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  10. jim787

jim787 DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +434 / 38
    ScreenHunter_03 Sep. 02 17.34.jpg