Dumaguete Info Search

Situation in the Philippines and in our province

Discussion in 'COVID-19' started by Dutchie, Aug 30, 2021.

1. john boy

john boy DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Retired
    Ratings:
    +1,155 / 230
    Any vaccine is not 100% guaranteed to prevent a person becoming ill from some sort of virus, with sympathy for those who have losted love ones
    As for my feeling safer, having had my two injections for the Covid, I am very aware that I might still get the virus.
    January 2020 when news was breaking of this Pandemic and the UK Government kindly placed the very first suspected cases coming back from abroad in my local hospital, my wife and I didnt feel very safe, the country was put on emergency alerts told not go out etc etc. But every day I took my wife to work at the hospital not knowing if she would fall victim to the disease while tending to patients and also infecting me.
    We broke contact with my children and relatives and friends for weeks/ months to prevent the risk if we caught the virus from spreading.
    As for this atitude of "Freedom to choose" movement going round, well you know what you can do with it. Rant over.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 1
  2. OP
    OP
    Dutchie

Dutchie DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +1,743 / 123
    Blood Type:
    A+
    In 10 days time hospital occupancy for covid cases in our province went from this
    upload_2021-9-11_20-26-10.png
    to this
    upload_2021-9-11_20-28-2.png
    with 4 out of 7 hospitals in the province now reporting serious or critical occupancy levels.
    Not good, to put it mildly.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Notmyrealname

Notmyrealname DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,600 / 2,889
    Best Answer
    I don't know that there is a higher risk of death from vaccination if the person has already contracted Covid. The daughter most definitely had no KNOWN underlying factors - but we don't always know what we do have until something drastic happens. One thing is obvious and that is that she had a father with high blood pressure and that can have genetic links - unusual to express itself in a young female but unless they did an autopsy then we will never know. There are cases reported of young healthy people dying post-vaccination but everyone is an individual and will have different immune responses due to complex factors that cannot usually be pre-determined (i.e. there is no test (as far as I am aware) to say your immune system will over-react and possibly kill you if you receive this particular vaccine).

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Toto

Toto DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +666 / 205
    Yep, been watching it.