Dumaguete Info Search

Skilled Dentist in Dumaguete?

Discussion in 'Dumaguete City' started by Mr. Reddit, Jan 4, 2020.

1. Solid_Pan

Solid_Pan DI Member

retired
    Ratings:
    +92 / 2
    I have been to Dr. Garupa and both clinics Dr. Ong, Mother and Son. Very satisfied with all three of them. The Dr. Ong son did a root canal during x-mas time last year (Dr. Garupa was fully booked that time) and until now no problems with that tooth. The links will show their clinics in Google Maps.

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. bootlegger

bootlegger DI Member

Retired
    Ratings:
    +216 / 40
    Blood Type:
    O-
    Most dentists are smart & responsible, they have to be. (In my daughter's class at CDU in Cebu, started with 70+ students, only 16 graduated). As for being responsible, they swear a dentists' version of a hypocratic oath, so they should be.

3. Notmyrealname

Notmyrealname DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,600 / 2,889
    Dr Garupa has very mixed reviews - a bit like marmite.

I have used the Ong Clinic (I think 5 family members work there). I have experience of Mrs Reina Ong and she is a very nice person - very calm, very careful and very caring. But I think perhaps the prices there are a bit on the high side.

For inpatient treatment, or any treatment which, for any reasons particular to the individual, cannot be faced with a normal dental visit, Dr Chua of Holy Child is a very competent dental surgeon. He can also be used, of course, even if inpatient treatment is not necessary. He made a dental connection to a health issue I have which no other dentist, here or abroad, has done so over a period of 50+ years.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Sedona

Sedona DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +673 / 102
    Both my wife and I have had good experiences with our visits to Dr. Chua in Holy Child.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,539 / 1,016
    Our family has used Dr. Jane Palma for 10 years. Top floor Portal West building, 09175330066

6. fritz

fritz DI Member Veteran Navy

Ratings:
    +95 / 5
    Blood Type:
    O-
    Best Dentist for me is - for 9 years now - Dr Garupa! Very modern Devices, very skilled Doctor, good Prices and a good laboratory in Manila!

• Like Like x 1
  7. djfinn6230

djfinn6230 DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +953 / 117
    Blood Type:
    B+
    The Ong family of dentists located at the Ong building downtown. There are 5 dentists there of various specialties. I am quite happy with the work they have done for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Crystalhead

Crystalhead ADMIN Admin ★ Forum Moderator ★ ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ ★★ Forum Sponsor ★★ ★ No Ads ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired
    Ratings:
    +1,991 / 1,090
    I have visited this thread 3 times to read up.....and now my tooth hurts.

• Funny Funny x 2
  9. JohnInValencia

JohnInValencia DI Member Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +23 / 0
    I highly recommend Dr. Myrine Garupta. PH trained but with extensive post grad work in the US. Goes abroad (US, Taiwan, Japan) every year for continuing education and new skill training. She's taken care of our household (3 adults, two children) for 12 years now including braces and several root canals. Has all the latest equipment including digital x-rays, etc. In my opinion, and many others, the best dentist in town but also one of the most expensive. You get what you pay for. Still, just a fraction of US cost. Her office is in the same building as the PH Immigration office.

Garupta, Dr. Myrine L.
    #54 Dr. V. Locsin Street Dumaguete City, Negros Oriental
    Office: 035 226 2510
    Nurse: 0920 918 7821
    Work: 422 8150
    Mobile: 0936 201 4351

10. jim787

jim787 DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +434 / 38
    Actually, the new office of Dr. Garupa is across the street from Immigration Alley, and set back from Locsin Street.