Dumaguete Info Search

Best Posts in Thread: Skullduggery in Siquij

1. Cerne

Cerne DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +538 / 199
    Duterte sends in the Marines, chief of Police in one town transferred tuit suit. Case filed re vote buying but Wife receives P500 on Election Day. (That’s another story....the stupidity of some is unbelievable, she used to be active in another opposition party.) Looks like the big cheese means business about stamping out vote buying. All fun n games here atm. The tsimis is Duterte will call baranguay elections dirty and reject all results, he’ll appoint his own guys so I’m told.

• Like Like x 5
  2. Cerne

Cerne DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +538 / 199
    Sorry...own eyes report. Saw Marines congregating around the Opposition to the Winners house today. The asawa has her ears on the ground and I got the stuff about the Chiefs transfer from a relly that ran and lost in our baranguay. The P500 arrived day before yesterday in an envelope bearing her first name. It also contained a “vote for...” leaflet. We’d run out of toilet paper that day and the P500 was donated to a national brewery.

I hear that there is to be a Manila based tv report featuring an interview tonight between the two local hombres that hate each other’s guts. Each will make accusations that the other used arms to menace each other’s followers in the mountains.

I can’t find any news articles anywhere. I did find something earlier on COMELEC officials complaining that they can’t do anything until a complaint is made. A search for Siquijor + vote buying + 2018 might turn that article up.

Tempers are running high here, and if truth be told seeing a dozen or so Marines drinking coffee outside a Politicians house constitutes “troops on the streets” I need a stern talking to. It’s unusual, odd, and for Siquijor nearly unheard of. But, I saw 2 Baka crammed into the back of a jeepney and driven on the national highway last week. Anything goes...will keep ya posted.

Cheers,

C

• Informative Informative x 4
  3. Cerne

Cerne DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +538 / 199
    Just a wee update. I met a bloke who stood in the neighbouring village. He didn’t get 1 vote. His family didn’t vote for him as P1700 each is not to be sniffed at. When asked “why didn’t you vote for yourself?” he mentioned he’d been greased for a similar amount and the vote is always traceable. PMSL. Only in the Philippines.

Any road, Marines still in the nearest town, case filed with COMELEC, awaiting further developments.

C

• Informative Informative x 3