Dumaguete Info Search

Utilities & Mobile Smart and Globe Fair Use Policies and Data Caps

Discussion in 'Businesses - Services - Products' started by PangitPilot, Feb 18, 2014.

1. PangitPilot

PangitPilot DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +13 / 0
  2. shadow

shadow DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +39 / 0
    Great. Nothing changes if nobody complains. Globe shuts down our "unlimited" whenever I start working too hard, last time it took them a week to get it back up and running correctly.

3. Dave & Imp

Dave & Imp DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,703 / 884
    Globe speed problems

I am having problems with Globe regarding the speed. It has been greatly reduce the last couple of week, and sometime just disappearing and coming back on at different times in my area in Bacong. Is anyone else experiencing problems with Globe speed recently?

4. shadow

shadow DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +39 / 0

YYYup! I thought it was just me. If I try to work on the site it usually shuts me out completely, and the only way I can access it is to use a proxy.

Larry

5. Dave & Imp

Dave & Imp DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,703 / 884
    Having internet problems?

Larry you are not the only one, I would have replied earlier but could not even get on the internet most of the time. The area I am aware of that seems to be having problems is Valencia, Bacong and north at least to Banilad road. It maybe a bigger problem, just I have not heard about it and no one seems to be posting on it. Maybe they can not get on the internet. More people need to voice their discontent so the everyone just does not feel it is them alone.

6. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    Dave, they have been here around 7 times in the last two weeks. It seems to be more stable now since they changed the router.

7. shadow

shadow DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +39 / 0
    Ours seems to be more stable since they replaced the modem, but still slow and/or dead stop at times. This is the third modem in two years, must be great quality...

Larry

8. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    They are all Chinese crap Larry, but at least they using n series routers now!

9. shadow

shadow DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +39 / 0
    We have our own router (netgear), we just use their fine Prolink modem. They always try to blame it on the router at first, but change their mind when I remove the router and it still don't work.

Larry

10. Brian Oinks

Brian Oinks That's Mr. Pig to you Boy! :) Highly Rated Poster

Negros Oriental - Near to Zamboanguita ;)
    Ratings:
    +1,535 / 727
    Blood Type:
    A+
    I am currently trying to work out if Globe or Smart is better for prepaid Internet, I emailed a guy on Facebook (NegOrISP) touting to supply Tattoo Internet Bundles and I looked at the following plan as I do not want a Landline;
    LTE PLAN 999
    Internet Only Plan (without landline)

Monthly Service Fee : Php 999
    Speed : up to 3mbps

Upfront Payment : Php 1199 (Php 999 advance MSF + Php 200 modem upfront payment)
    Installation Fee : Php 1,000 (charged to bill, 3 months installment)

Modem Type : 4 port with WiFi
    Modem Fee : Php 1200 (Php 200 upfront, Php 1000 amortized to 5 months)

Lock-in : 24 months

The problem is my Wife tried the neighbours Globe Tattoo prepaid SIM/USB and it worked but then only when she was outside of her House, not inside and speaking to the local Cafe's they all say there is no service to Maluay (around 24km's South of Dumaguete near the Malatapay Markets) and this guy says he has an option but a more expensive option and we are still awaiting his reply to my Wife about exactly what that option is...

My thought was to run a USB Modem that we could attach an external Antenna or a Booster to, has anyone around the Malatapay Market area tried Smart or Globe Internet there and how successful is it?

PS: I am worried we will be locked into a 24 month contract on their say so that will end up being useless to us... :/