Dumaguete Info Search

Smoke alarm/smoke detector in Dumaguete?

Discussion in 'Dumaguete City' started by dpt123, Nov 5, 2011.

1. dpt123

dpt123 DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi all,

I live in a native-ish house south of Dumaguete and since moving in have been wondering just how fast our house would burn down if the thing caught alight, current guess is about 7 seconds.

What passes for electrical work in this country is scaaary.

Anyway, yesterday I went around a few smaller hardware stores, the markets, electrical stores etc etc. No luck. I have not been to citi hardware or anywhere else.

Today, a hut at the resort next door burnt down, 300m from my home, could not do much to save it. Was gone in about 5 minutes.

Im taking it as a sign and stepping up my search. Have been googling, cant find anything, but this forum seems to solve any problem one might have in Dumaguete so am posting here.

Does anyone know where I can find Smoke alarms/detectors in Dumaguete?

Thnx

2. TanjayGuy

TanjayGuy DI Member

Info Tech
    Ratings:
    +9 / 1
    I am expecting a box to be shipped from a friend stateside. If you have a particular smoke alarm/detector brand and model, I can have my friend buy it/them provided you allow markups (small profit margin), shipping and handling. Will advise price thru PM. Let me know soonest.

3. shadow

shadow DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +39 / 0

Matiao! Perdices street.

Larry

4. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    Handyman in robinsons,p450 each!

5. OnMyWay

OnMyWay DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 1
    If you have someone coming from the states have them bring them. $6.99 at Lowes for a 2 pack

6. tomtorific

tomtorific DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +108 / 30
    I shopped Lowe's and cheapest I found was 2 pack $8.47 and the reviews were not that good."doesn't work, both of them. hard to install, hard to open the cover to change battery, especially when mounted." Spend a little extra for the Peace of Mind.

7. OnMyWay

OnMyWay DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 1
    so it's only 50% off. What a shame! :-(

I use them in apartments in the states.....works great and i would use them all the time

8. OnMyWay

OnMyWay DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 1
    so it's only 50% off. What a shame! :-(

I use them in apartments in the states.....works great and i would use them all the time