Dumaguete Info Search

SO allowance poll

Discussion in 'Banking - Investing - Finances' started by Anonymous, Jul 23, 2016.

1. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,539 / 1,016
    Points taken. I wasn't actually including "working girls". I think if a guy hooks up with one it is buyer aware in terms of peso support. I can't speak from experience but people tell me some of the girls are d*mn good at milking the cash cow.

2. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    You didn't ask for those added questions to remain on topi.......well, sh*t! They found that f*cking horse again!

:party:
    :deadhorse:

My x got 2k/month for personal use....though I'm almost positive it ended up being more than that. I never asked what she did with it.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Mikala

Mikala DI Member Blood Donor Veteran Navy

Nuclear Engineer
    Ratings:
    +144 / 3
    Blood Type:
    A+
    My wife has no 'allowance' per se. She's got a peso account and a dollar account with enough money to live for maybe 3 or 4 years in 'em. She's very good at budgeting money, so I don't worry about it too much.

She sends 'help' to her family as the situation arises. We might have sent 12-16k pesos this past year to her parents at various times.

She refuses help to all other members of her family, so far, but I've told her I have no problem helping the smarter ones with university costs.

• Like Like x 2
  4. OP
    OP
    Anonymous

Anonymous DI Member

Ratings:
    +108 / 12
    1 - How many pisos do you give your SO a month for other than household expenses?

p6600

2 - How often do you give your SO that amount?

Every month.

3 - How many others (kids, relatives, the milkman, etc.) get a cut of the allowance?

One kid in college.

4 - Does your SO live with you full time?

No, only 5 days a week, she's with the kid on weekends.

5 - Does your SO provide any financial support to the household expenses?

Nothing to date.

6 - How long have you been together?

About 5 years.

7 - Are you happy with this arrangement?

Not particularly.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Thank "Anonymous", that format makes it a bit easier to answer all the questions. (I still think this questions would have been better as a series of threads with actual polls though. :wink:)

1.) How many pesos did you give your SO a month for other than household expenses?
    P2000 - but I was hit up several times a month for a little things (around P100-200). I gave her brother who lived with us P500 per month for helping out around the house.

2.) How often did you give your SO that amount?
    Every month.

3.) How many others (kids, relatives, the milkman, etc) got a cut of the allowance?
    She said she usually sent P1k of it home to her parents for "rice". I wasn't really concerned with where it went as long as I didn't get asked for another 2k.

4.) Did your SO live with you full time?
    Yup.

5.) Did your SO provide any financial support to the household expenses?
    :biglol:Haha.

6.) How long had you been together?
    That lasted about 4 years.

7.) Were you happy with this arrangement?
    I had no problem with the financial situation. Obviously there were some other issues with the relationship.

6. TheDude

TheDude DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster

Ratings:
    +1,465 / 822
    Okay, I'll play.

1 - How many pisos do you give your SO a month for other than household expenses?

4,000 - split between 4 weeks.

2 - How often do you give your SO that amount?

Wtf? Didn't I already answer this question in #1? This question makes no sense following the previous question.

3 - How many others (kids, relatives, the milkman, etc.) get a cut of the allowance?

I give her 4K but I couldn't give a single f*uck what she spends it on as long as she doesn't ask for more.

4 - Does your SO live with you full time?

I live in a secret bat cave. Nobody knows where I live. Which is how I like it. This is partly why I give her 4K, because I'm not paying for anything else and I don't feed her.

5 - Does your SO provide any financial support to the household expenses?

This question makes no sense either. I'm giving her money. She isn't giving me money.

6 - How long have you been together?

Close to two years with a six month interlude.

7 - Are you happy with this arrangement?

Life sucks.

As Dennis Leary said "Happiness comes in small doses folks. It's a cigarette butt, or a chocolate chip cookie or a five second orgasm. You come, you smoke the butt you eat the cookie you go to sleep wake up and go back to f*cking work the next morning, THAT'S IT! End of f*cking list!"

So, no, most of the time I'm not happy about anything. Let alone handing out hard earned cash to maintain a headache.

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. TheDude

TheDude DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster

Ratings:
    +1,465 / 822
    First thing a foreigner tells his 18 year old kid. Get a job!

First thing a foreigner tells his 18 year old girlfriend. Here's your allowance!

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. Rye83

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    :2rofl:
    This gets my vote for "post of the year".

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1