Dumaguete Info Search

Soban

Average User Rating:
4/5,
  1. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
  2. OP
    OP
    Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Creating this Showcase put in the mood for some Korean food! Looks like a pretty nice place from the photos. I will be visiting when I get back in Dumaguete.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Oz-Roger

Oz-Roger DI Senior Member Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Retired
    Ratings:
    +465 / 137
    My wife has been there, and was not impressed, so therefore I have not been there so I can't comment personally.:cool:.............mind you, she is an excellent Filipina cook, of both Filipina, Chinese, Italian and Australian dishes, so what would she know...........?.................lol................:smuggrin:

4. OP
    OP
    Rye83

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I have found there is not much middle ground with Korean food. You either like it or you hate it. My experience with it is limited but what I have tried was quite good. I've never been to this particular restaurant so I can't comment on the food just yet.

5. Tubig 2020

Tubig 2020 DI New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I love korean food..and are so happy that there is a korean restaurant in dgte..
    Thanks for the info....

• Like Like x 1
  6. ShawnM

ShawnM DI Forum Patron ★ No Ads ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Blood Donor Veteran Air Force

Senior Construction Manager
    Ratings:
    +1,752 / 218
    Blood Type:
    A-
    The food is good, other than the kim bob. They use authentic ingredients, definitely worth stopping by if you like Korean food (my favorite food). I lived 12+ years in Korea and was married to one, so way over 20 years of eating Korean food.

Shawn

• Like Like x 1
  7. OP
    OP
    Rye83

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I stopped in here yesterday to pick up some kimchi for the gf. I got 1 kilo for P250. Tasted like kimchi to me. It was pretty spicy but not so spicy as to drown out the flavor. Staff was very friendly and my take out order was ready in about 5 minutes. No complaints. :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. Bruce

Bruce DI Member Infamous Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +172 / 10
    Blood Type:
    O+
    We visited last night and were very impressed. Just one serving was all we required and left very satisfied indeed. The complimentories were almost a meal in themselves.

The resto does lack ambience and is plain but food for us was great. I am not familiar with Korean food but loved the Korean chicken and rice was so so. We left pretty full and with one beer total cost just P345. Amazing.

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. DaveD

DaveD DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer Veteran Navy

Ratings:
    +1,041 / 129
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Thanks, I have yet to go there but enjoy Korean food. Will definitely check it out!!! Question what is parking like for subcompact car in area?

10. OP
    OP
    Rye83

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Shouldn't be a problem as long as the place isn't packed.