Dumaguete Info Search

Home & Garden Best Posts in Thread: Solar power

1. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Stop doing that. It is a waste of time in the Philippines. It is just the way it is and it isn't going to change in any of our lifetimes. Go to the store and inquire in person if you want to preserve your sanity.

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. Jens K

Jens K DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +764 / 47
    Blood Type:
    AB+
    I agree, these numbers seem off. 7-8k without aircon seems ridiculously high. I admit I live alone but with nightly AC use (lets say 300 hours/month) my electric bill is rarely above 1800.

Unless you have quite a few old freezers / fridges running and cook with electricty I would suspect some other household is leeching on your connection...

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. Happy Camper

Happy Camper DI Senior Member Restricted Account Infamous Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,395 / 180
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Knew a guy that lived outside of Bacolod who had very high electric bills also. He had an electrician come by and check his home out to make sure all was well. Then he had CENECO, the power company, come out and check his meter, all was well. Still had high power bills.

I told him to turn off his power one day and then check to see if his meter was still running. He did so. His son then returned home from the internet cafe across the street. He asked him why he came home. The son told him they had a "brown out" just as he had turned off his power.

CENECO came back out and sure enough, the Internet Cafe was running off his line. Problem solved, account credited.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. grandpainak

grandpainak DI Forum Patron Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +700 / 163
    2 or 3 years. The Solar Guy was screwing around with THE INSTALL THAT TOOK MORE THAT A YEAR FOR A 1 DAY INSTALL JOB. After a year wife, handy man and I had to finish The Solar Guy's install ourselves. His break even clam is off by more than 60%. The 3000 w up grade will be done by us. The grid system is when NORECO pays you half of what they charge you wate for wate. Say one watt of their power cost 10, they only pay you 5 for your 1 watt.

• Informative Informative x 2