Dumaguete Info Search

Spackle - (a white paste to fill wall cracks/holes before painting)

Discussion in 'Expat Section' started by Don, Sep 18, 2011.

1. expatron

expatron DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +514 / 126
    Hi Jim my post was only a joke not serious , I hope you didn't get upset. If so I apologies.
    Cheers ...Ron

2. jimeve

jimeve DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired.
    Ratings:
    +1,856 / 1,026
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Not me haha

3. brian ausie

brian ausie DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +32 / 2
    Hi don, Bosny wall puty ready to use is what the locals use to fill everything inside and out from ace hardware P84.00

4. OP
    OP
    Don

Don DI Member

Ratings:
    +20 / 1
    Thanks Jimeve...will try that.
    Sorry you never heard of it....maybe it's 'cuz your in the UK and not US. It's sold in most every hardware, paint store, home "remodeling" box store...too bad you don't know the product as it simplifies a lot of work.

5. OP
    OP
    Don

Don DI Member

Ratings:
    +20 / 1
    Jimi50,
    Yes - agreed. At first read it might sound silly to some...or maybe even stupid as you said.
    But you know what? The fact is that YOU ARE RIGHT!!
    In one of my "Other Lives", back in the mid '80's, I was on a tour of state jail facilities and noticed a lot of cells had pictures of family, loved ones, etc. pasted to the cell wall. At the end of the tour, I mentioned to the supervising Lt. overseeing the tour group about seeing all the photos pasted to the walls, and commented that I thought things such as glue was a prohibited substance. He laughed and replied I was right about the glue being prohibited....but TOOTHPASTE WAS NOT - AND THE PHOTOS WERE PASTED UP IN PLACE WITH TOOTHPASTE. (It hardens - when used on paper and some other surfaces, to a glue effect). Since toothpaste was an allowed item in prison...well - there 'ya go!
    Hopefully, toothpaste - even if made here n Asia "under license" - just might work!
    Thanks for the reminder.