Dumaguete Info Search

Best Posts in Thread: Spam

1. Garcia

Garcia DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +322 / 129
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spam_(food)

Everything you want to know or would rather not know about Special American Processed Meat aka SPAM. Luncheon meat is basically the same. Spam and Luncheon meat are both made up from the stuff they sweep off the floor in the slaughterhouse.

Still each to their own I say, however I would not feed this stuff to my Askal dog Madam Chilli of Bohol

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. Mike_Haddon

Mike_Haddon DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +305 / 31
    I don't mind a bit of spam (either with spam, egg, egg and spam, egg, chips and spam, or egg, spam, chips spam, beans and spam), but refuse to pay through the prices here for it. A regular cheaper substitute here seems to be 'Chinese Style Cooked Pork Luncheon Meat'. What on Earth is that? I certainly don't think the average Chinese person would touch it with a very long chopstick.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Crystalhead

Crystalhead ADMIN Admin ★ Forum Moderator ★ ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ ★★ Forum Sponsor ★★ ★ No Ads ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired
    Ratings:
    +1,989 / 1,090
    More than 70 percent of non-organic fresh produce sold in the U.S. contains residues of potentially harmful pesticides, EWG's 2022 Shopper's Guide to Pesticides in Produce
    - Aug 14, 2022 — Rainwater almost everywhere on Earth has unsafe levels of 'forever chemicals', according to new research.
    - And Dat's why I love Spaaaaaaaaaaaammmm!
    - Point being, what's not bad in some way or another in a carcinogenic World we all live in currently.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. Garcia

Garcia DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +322 / 129
    Though Spam is convenient, easy to use and has a long shelf-life, it's also very high in fat, calories and sodium and low in important nutrients, such as protein, vitamins and minerals. Additionally, it's highly processed and contains preservatives like sodium nitrite that may cause several adverse health effects.

Just saying chaps......(-:

• Agree Agree x 2