Dumaguete Info Search

Retirement Visa Special Resident Retirement Visa (SRRV)

Discussion in 'Passports and Visas' started by Rye83, May 18, 2015.

1. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086
    So I guess withdrawl would effectively cancel your Visa and put you back to square one? Strange carry on :wideyed: Thought this was supposed to be a permanent Visa? :frown:

JP:whistling:

2. OP
    OP
    Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Even with that I think the SVEG would be a better deal.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

3. OP
    OP
    Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    If you are looking to invest that is.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

4. hawk263

hawk263 DI Forum Adept Blood Donor Veteran Army

Retired
    Ratings:
    +488 / 81
    Blood Type:
    A+
    It's a way of ensuring that a SRRV holder has a 'financial stake' in the country - either as a bank deposit or in property. So if you were going to invest in property anyway, it may make sense to go the SRRV route and then withdraw the money to fund the property.

5. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,540 / 1,016
    If you elect to go for a 'Philippines Quota Visa', you may withdraw the requisite local bank deposit once the visa was issued. This information is six years old.

6. Kym

Kym DI Member

Ratings:
    +61 / 1
    Blood Type:
    O-
    I found it difficult to get accurate info. The woman in the office was rude and very unhelpful as if she did not want foreigners moving here. And a Dutch foreigner I met on a flight to the Pines last year laughed when I talked about withdrawing the deposit.. "Just try" he said.. :wink: So that gave me the jitters as well.. Most of the banks you can deposit with are "cowboy" banks. And what are the upsides except avoiding routine visa office visits?

7. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086
    Hmmmmmmmmmmmm Dare I say it, "Get Married" :sorry: Oooops sorry!

JP:blackeye:

8. expatron

expatron DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +514 / 126
    I'm not very knowledgeable in this area, but I know Leo the manager at Bank of Commerce has helped a lot of foreigners in that area. He is a very good man and usually offers you a cup of coffee while chatting with you...

• Like Like x 1
  9. hawk263

hawk263 DI Forum Adept Blood Donor Veteran Army

Retired
    Ratings:
    +488 / 81
    Blood Type:
    A+
    I went the SRRV route. I found the people at the PRA office in Manila very helpful indeed. I made the deposit, got the visa, bought a lot, built the house and then it was just a matter of filling in the application forms, taking some pictures of the house and I received my money back within a month.

10. Jack Peterson

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086
    So what happens to the Visa, Did you have to get an Alternative to the SRRV?
    Lets me ask it outright then if I may, What is your current Status here? I don't wish to appear nosy but it will help for the Understanding of the end result :wink:

JP :thumbsup: