Dumaguete Info Search

SRRV questions

Discussion in 'Expat Section' started by Marmar, Aug 11, 2020.

1. Dutchie

Dutchie DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +1,743 / 123
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Yes, confusion reigns. I wrongly assumed you were married to a Filipina :smile:

2. Happy Camper

Happy Camper DI Senior Member Restricted Account Infamous Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,395 / 180
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Unless said filipino is a dual national citizen. A friend of mine did that, he just did not want to have to deal with immigration yearly and leaving and returning was just as easy. His wife was the dual national, got the cheap SRRV and he piggy backed.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. djfinn6230

djfinn6230 DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +953 / 117
    Blood Type:
    B+
    This is one of those rare situations where SRRV is not hurt by the travel ban. His wife can choose to get an SRRV as a foreigner on one hand and be a citizen on the other. Getting a visa to reside in one’s own country of citizenship points to the absurdity of the whole process but I agree it can happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  4. OP
    OP
    Marmar

Marmar DI Junior Member

Retired from landscaper
    Ratings:
    +49 / 2
    As soon as divorce is legal in this what I believe the only country without it. My beautiful lady can divorce her drug addict husband. An than I will marry her. She has 3 kids which ll hav come to love. I have been taking care of not the drug addict.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. djfinn6230

Ratings:
    +953 / 117
    Blood Type:
    B+
    For this discussion there are 2 types of Filipinas here.

1) Thse who are citizens of the Philippines (includes “dual citizen).
    2) Those born here but are naturalized as citizens in another country outside of the Philippines.

In both cases the wife and spouse can stay here permanently. With case 1, you have the marriage visa. With case 2 you have the courtesy SRRV for the former Philippine citizen who sponsors the spouse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2020
  6. AussieBob

AussieBob DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +41 / 2
    Blood Type:
    O-
    I used an accredited marketer. It was not free. $360 to the marketer. So, some of them are double-dipping. I was also charged $100 for setting up the PRA bank account. That's a new one on me. . I also had to sign an affidavit to the effect that I will lose my $1400 application fee if, for some reason, I am not approved. many ways in this country to grab your money...I'm still waiting to know if I am approved...Btw, going for the extended military SRRV.

• Informative Informative x 2
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2020
  7. AussieBob

AussieBob DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +41 / 2
    Blood Type:
    O-
    If you ask the Dumaguete BI office about restamping 13a, the will tell you NO, just keep your expired passport with the stamp in it.

• Informative Informative x 2
  8. djfinn6230

Ratings:
    +953 / 117
    Blood Type:
    B+
    There may be a loophole by which they can charge certain fees. We paid zero fees and the other people I know who did this paid zero. Your information is valuable in that it highlights that potential users of the service should ask ahead of time of the marketer will be charging additional fees. Note: Marketers must pay $300.00 to join the service.

From the PRA marketer form:

9. SkipJack

SkipJack DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +1,160 / 79
    Blood Type:
    I don't know.
    Sounds like you got screwed.

I did not have to pay any fees to the marketer. Nor did I pay fees for the setting up the account.

I do remember the written clause that the 1,400 fee was not refundable if the application was refused.

10. Happy Camper

Happy Camper DI Senior Member Restricted Account Infamous Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,395 / 180
    Blood Type:
    O+
    You have a current 13A and applied for an SRRV? I hope not, your accredited marketer just got your money. If you have a 13A you are ineligible for any SRRV. At least that was what I was told when I applied for it in Makati at their office, I had everything done and then was informed I was ineligible. At least doing it on my own did not cost me any money except the physical.

• Informative Informative x 1