Dumaguete Info Search

SRRV questions

Discussion in 'Expat Section' started by Marmar, Aug 11, 2020.

1. AussieBob

AussieBob DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +41 / 2
    Blood Type:
    O-
    I don't have a 13a visa. I surrendered it (2018) as you are required to do so by law when you stop cohabitating with your Filipina spouse. Side note, I was 8 months late reporting, The fee was 15,000p for downgrading and I was hit up another 20,000 for back tourist visas and other fees. Not to mention the expense of 2 trips from Negros to Manila..The BS of it all is that Manila Civil Registry accepted my papers for registering the divorce (Australia Family Court), the BI accepted my papers for downgrading, but PSA says I am still married in the Philippines until the divorce order is Judicially recognized in a Regional Trials Court..That ain't gonna happen. Now as far as getting an SRRV, all I had to do was submit the BI letter granting the 13a visa and the BI letter downgrading me back to tourist.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2020
  2. AussieBob

Ratings:
    +41 / 2
    Blood Type:
    O-
    You should definitely ask if the marketer has a fee. Not all do. I chose to pay the fee because of not being able to go to the PRA office.

3. AussieBob

Ratings:
    +41 / 2
    Blood Type:
    O-
    $1600 was transferred from my bank directly to the PRA bank. The money did not pass thru the hands of the marketer. I doubt I was screwed by the marketer. According to PRA Cebu, accredited marketers are permitted to charge a fee. I'm ok with his fee, they helped me a lot and it was all done smoothly in one foul swoop.

• Like Like x 2
  4. djfinn6230

djfinn6230 DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +953 / 117
    Blood Type:
    B+
    In our case the marketer obtained for us the necessary documents from PRA to open the special deposit account (correct PRA account number etc,), then she made an appointment with us at BDO Makati and met us there at the bank.

Without a marketer you have to go to PRA yourself and get them to do that.

We filled out a few BDO forms and paid the deposit in cash (around 1.4-1.6k, not sure now). There was no charge by the marketer. All money was given to the bank as shown on our deposit slip. It just took about 30 mins and the bank was walking distance from the City Garden hotel where we stayed.
    I think the marketer lived in Makati too but not sure. She charged no travel expenses etc. as she apparently was permitted to do by her contract with PRA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. AussieBob

Ratings:
    +41 / 2
    Blood Type:
    O-

The rules as I read them says the application has to be rejected at BI level and you lose the $1400. If PRA rejects you they are supposed to return $1200.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. AussieBob

Ratings:
    +41 / 2
    Blood Type:
    O-
    Thats right. My guy has quite a lot of expenses regarding couriers and what not. His girls do an excellent job and will do anything to help. I'm happy with the outcome, and of course, locked down in Negros, could not get to Cebu. If I get the visa and live long enough, all those fees come back home eventually because no more tourist visa to pay for, traveling to BI and waiting in line, then go back next week to pick up your passport, and no more expensive trips out every three years. It's a big win IMO and hopefully, the bank deposit goes to my partner after I go to the big truck stop in the sky.

• Like Like x 3
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2020
  7. djfinn6230

djfinn6230 DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +953 / 117
    Blood Type:
    B+
    I can only think of a 3 reasons for rejection. Two of them would be falsification if documents and a crime of “moral turpitude” on your police clearance, both of which which justify a full forfeiture since you knew about it beforehand. The third would be failing the physical in which case forfeiting only $200 to cover BI and PRA admin costs would seem to be reasonable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. JSB07

JSB07 DI New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Hi guys! I work with Jemma, the marketer mentioned and recommended by Skipjack. If you have any questions about SRRV, feel free to ask me/us.

We offer free assistance and we submit applications direct to the Makati main office. We can help you even if you are from Dumaguete or in any part of the country. No need to travel to Makati.

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. OP
    OP
    Marmar

Marmar DI Junior Member

Retired from landscaper
    Ratings:
    +49 / 2
    BTW I am using the maker you gave me. Thanks they have been very good.

• Like Like x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  10. OP
    OP
    Marmar

Marmar DI Junior Member

Retired from landscaper
    Ratings:
    +49 / 2
    Looks like I'm going to have to leave or stay illegally. If I live I'll go back to USA than come back when allowed.