Dumaguete Info Search

SSA Or VA Pay Today

Discussion in 'Expat Section' started by PatO, Apr 2, 2020.

1. OP
    OP
    PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,540 / 1,016
    BDO Robinson told my wife today that being I am a senior citizen I am forbidden to leave my house and go there beginning tomorrow. My funds are transferred to a direct deposit account (my name only, no ATM, no checking and my signature (in my case left thumb print). Just come back next month. F*ck you very much.

2. djfinn6230

djfinn6230 DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +953 / 117
    Blood Type:
    B+
    Thanks for letting us know. That is disgusting. Another case of senseless inflexibility where the cure is worse than the disease. We have a similar situation but can withdraw from an ATM if we don’t get stopped going there. Best of luck and hope you can work something out!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. OP
    OP
    PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,540 / 1,016
    Thanks. So the obviously key is for me to stay alive and healthy enough to go back a month from now. So I can do another month of this, like everyone else. Stay safe everyone

4. Show Pony

Show Pony DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +2,377 / 1,261
    There have been so many rules, new rules etc.
    A requirement to do business or buy things is you must have a pass. It's possible the BDO people have not clearly understood the rules and done some extrapolating. They might just combined a couple of rules and ended up their own rules.

Get your wife to go to the LGU and ask Mayor for a pass for you. I believe DavyL200 got a pass for one of his over 65 tennants. The guy is on his own and would have been house bound.
    Get a pass, printout the EO and have a go at it.

EDIT: If BDO tells you it is their policy you can politely ask them if they are in compliance with the banking laws. I have not noticed anything in the EO changing banking laws.
    It might be a lot easier to borrow cash from a friend until the nonsense is over.
    As much as my bank annoys me from time to time I don't make too many waves as their service is mostly okay. You might try to preserve whatever relation you have if it's been mostly okay in the past.

• Like Like x 2
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2020
  5. danbandanna

danbandanna DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +1,482 / 300
    Blood Type:
    A+
    As I posted previously BDO Robinson has agreed to allow my wife to withdraw on my SSA account and deposit into our Piso account with a signed letter of authorization from me... you also have to have signed withdrawal slips and GL transaction slip... have your wife go by there and pick them up

• Informative Informative x 5