Dumaguete Info Search

Still being SCREWED

Discussion in 'Military and Veterans' started by grandpainak, Jul 11, 2020.

1. grandpainak

grandpainak DI Forum Patron Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +700 / 163
    My Credit Union's reply to my request for assistance in getting this US government check from the FMP deposited.

Good morning James, Unfortunately with the lack of access you have to the mobile app, the only other option would be to mail the check to the Credit Union in Alaska. Since you stated that the Philippine Post Office is not sending/receive mail from the U.S., another option would be to look into another financial institution where you reside to deposit the check. If you have any further questions, please let us know. Thank you,

My reply;

Our bank here has told us that they are not taking any checks drawn on a foreign bank from any one. So it looks like I have a US Government check that is only good for use as toilet paper. It is amazing that the US government can "Direct Deposit" my VA Check and SSI check but NOT the VA's FMP checks. Looks like a conspiracy by the US government to screw the Veterans out of their entitlements. Looks like the only option I have left is to use it as toilet paper. I know that this is not a MVFCU problem. I was hoping MVFCU would find a way to get this check deposited. Thanks for your help.

Now may be you can understand my anger and distrust of the US government.

Jim out

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. hiddenuser

hiddenuser Guest Guest User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0

hey jim, my bank (RCBC) takes foreign checks but as a deposit to a dollar account only. costs nothing to open the account, takes 22 working days to get your money

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. OP
    OP
    grandpainak

Ratings:
    +700 / 163
    One of our posters here was kind enough to use his US based phone and did an electronic deposit for my. I discovered that this man is much kinder than he appears here in this website. This problem with this deposit and my anger over it, probably has a lot to do with being locked down in my own house. In Alaska that is called "Cabin Fever". I guess I will have to call it "Negros Fever" now. I framed that check and made sure that it had a skid mark on it first and hung it on the wall. I call this whole check deposit thing a Tahe Baguio. Thanks again to the man that helped my get past this. :smile:

• Like Like x 5
  4. eskirvin

eskirvin DI Forum Adept Blood Donor Veteran Navy

Signal Planner
    Ratings:
    +410 / 50
    Blood Type:
    A-
    I have a good guess as to who helped you with their phone. He's a very generous person. In this new age, I'd probably find another term for being locked into your house as "Negros Fever" is likely to ruffle feathers. My wife once posted "See you later Negros!" publicly on her Facebook page and got a number of ugly comments she didn't understand.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. OP
    OP
    grandpainak

Ratings:
    +700 / 163
    How about "Negros Island Fever"? Would that be better?:o o:

6. Notmyrealname

Notmyrealname DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,581 / 2,886
    If using the word "Negros" is causing problems, though I know not why it should - what about 'Wasting Time Fever' (or, just WTF)?

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1