Dumaguete Info Search

Stranded Foreigners?

Discussion in 'Expat Section' started by Brian Oinks, Oct 2, 2014.

1. Brian Oinks

Brian Oinks That's Mr. Pig to you Boy! :) Highly Rated Poster

Negros Oriental - Near to Zamboanguita ;)
    Ratings:
    +1,535 / 727
    Blood Type:
    A+
    What is it with stranded Foreigners of late? Is this normal?
    First I had a Post shared to my Facebook about an Aussie Father with his 4 Sons badly done over by an evil cheating Filipina, now another one again crying foul of being hard done by...

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10204781104185371

Do these Guys go there without money? Without a safety net? Without a Plan? :huh:
    I WOULD be shittin' myself IF I was going there without a back up Plan... :nuts:

In the messages is one eye opener;

Ckc Waterman There is an article I read just the other day saying there are 2M foreigners overstaying in Philippines. All the immigration want is for these people to report (but won't get deported, unless they have a criminal record). They have one year to do this (one year from last week, I think).

TWO MILLION Foreigners overstaying? WOW!
    :jawdrop:

2. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,546 / 1,016
    Brian, some come here with money from successful business companies from elsewhere. The problem, ongoing, if you get the 'wrong' one, wife or gf, you could get a kick in the nuts and go from success to bankruptcy.

3. OP
    OP
    Brian Oinks

Brian Oinks That's Mr. Pig to you Boy! :) Highly Rated Poster

Negros Oriental - Near to Zamboanguita ;)
    Ratings:
    +1,535 / 727
    Blood Type:
    A+
    I honestly hope I have worked things out as well as I feel I have... What happens if you are married, lose everything, divorce, are you as the foreigner expected to then simply pack up and leave the Country if you do not have a Partner and are living there as a Single Foreign Guy? Just some food for thought as I always like a Plan B. Not knowing what the next step is, is d*mn SCARY Mate!

4. Dave_Hounddriver

Dave_Hounddriver DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Ratings:
    +2,502 / 1,061
    I have known many foreigners (more than 9 and less than 100) who came here with some money and when it ran out they just did not want to go home. Seems they prefer life here with little or no money to life back home where they may have to work or go on social assistance. When they get the that point they usually stop paying their BI renewals.

5. MalmoMan

MalmoMan Guest Guest User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    ************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

• Like Like x 4
  6. expatron

expatron DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +514 / 126
    Over the years I have seen guys get financially screwed by their wife..girl friend or by their own deplorable actions. Many of them are still here living a very open life, while being 10-20 years or more under the radar, They can live but can't pay immigration for all the years they over stayed. Some I feel sorry for and some I don't.

As for the Facebook article, I smell a RAT. Looks like a scam to me. Someone else asking for money on his behalf, stating P4,500 per month not every 59 days.. I'll pay his immigration if he gives up the location to his Yamashita burred treasure site.....Not Not Not. LOL

• Like Like x 2
  7. tunji oluwajuyemi

tunji oluwajuyemi DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +47 / 0
    Make a collection of these stories and the links and keep a folder/file of them to use as point makers.. I posted one story like this to my girls message box to explain what i was feeling after sending her money 3 times to get her papers in order to travel and she calls on me a fourth time for more money and no papers even though i sent her 4 times the amount needed as she would maybe want a cell phone and air time and transport and eat out and so .. She replies back asking if i think she did the poor guy like that, so i posted a picture from her friends face book of her friends holding up pistols and then another of her friends in a picture holding her.... She got the picture of what i was thinking and i doubt she did that to the guy but she has to consider how i may feel about how she is doing me ... She told me the pistols were toys and i told her she can have the money i sent her, but if she wants to be with me, she can find a way to get her passport to travel and then i will believe she wants to be with me.. I toldd her she can sell her nice cell phone and d clothes and stuff she bought and pay for her documents to travell and then i will send her more money to buy phone and clothes and then travel with her to thailand and then she can come with me to USA and go to college and go from there what she likes.... Maybe she will give up and keep the 500 bucks $ shes gotten so far and just stay there in what she calls not easy and short on rice/food to eat...I guess i should be happy to save the thousands more it would cost to travell with her and come to america with her... Can't Imagine why she would want to stay in her $75 a month house helper job for an extra year when i have been ready to support her, get her passport, take her to visit in thailand and then start her petition to come to america with me and get her into college and get the cost of school covered for her too. She finally said if i dont send her more money, then we can forget our plans, so i said its her choice cause i sent more than enough so far and she is cutoff until she shows effort to ready to travel with me....Maybe i will come there again and see if she is done with excuses and go with me directly to pay for her passport and the rest and move along.... Or maybe just move on to someone who is more like me, when the right opportunity i am looking for is before me and all laid out waiting, i leave behind my slavery as a house helper and go to whats important to me..... I must not be important to her and i can't make her regard me as important enough to move on with me.. Im not poor but i know enough to know if i spend all my worth on someone keeping a distance from me and not making effort to close that distance, then i best save my worth for the ones close at hand are worth more than a thousand off in the wilds of the earth...

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
  8. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Banned.......again.

9. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    2 million over stayed "foreigners" eh? The vast majority of overstaying "foreigners" are from other Asian countries. China likely makes up the vast majority of these "foreigners". Sure, there are guys from every country who couldn't cut it in their own country and can't cut it here, but they are a minority (just as with the Chinese tourists....there just happens that there are a LOT more of them.)

• Like Like x 3
  10. Cletus

Cletus DI Forum Adept Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +357 / 107
    The whole culture in the US has changed in the last few years. 20 years ago you seldom saw a beggar on the corner and they were almost always older homeless types. 10 years ago there were a lot of beggars on each corner of main intersections, mostly older. Today there are still a lot of beggars, very few old, mostly young people.

The US has become a welfare state for many of its residents and it continues to grow. The young people have been taught to depend on someone else for ALL their needs and wants, food stamps, medical, educational, housing, cell phones, utilities, disability for just about anything, including infants and children, even imaginary problems. The politicians are giving them your, your children, and your grandchildren's stuff in order to get their vote and preserve their own empire

Obviously not everyone is one the something for nothing bandwagon but there are enough that it is becoming more and more difficult for those that are working to pay for the freeloaders.

This attitude of, "I can do whatever I want and someone else will pay for it", has been brought with them to the far corners of the earth, including the Philippines. Not all the people that get in financial difficulties have this attitude but there are enough of them most of us are skeptical of helping any of them.

My suggestion is to check out anyone before you put down your hard earned money to help.

This guy with four kids and blaming it ALL on his wife/partner. OK, you had four kids and now, 20 years later you found out about her problems? I admit I'm not the sharpest guy around but even I don't believe that crap.

I do have sympathy for those children but the adults are LOSERS.:Lurking:

Now what did I do with that blood pressure meds?????

• Like Like x 1