Dumaguete Info Search

SUGAR

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by Notmyrealname, Nov 2, 2020.

1. OP
    OP
    Notmyrealname

Notmyrealname DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,588 / 2,888
    At last, I know who I really am. :smile:

It is GOOD news.

2. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,207 / 1,082
    Laugh icon.jpg With no physical proof as in a reflection. How can you prove that to yourself let alone us :hmmm: Oh I am sure you know But......................................... the proof of the Pudding comes to mind :wink:

• Like Like x 1
  3. OP
    OP
    Notmyrealname

Ratings:
    +5,588 / 2,888
    Really? But I believed YOU as a stalwart of the Forum.

Btw, Which pudding do I buy?

4. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,207 / 1,082
    what can I sayWho knows (dave (1).jpg at this time of year plum pudding.jpg but I think you knew that, as to being a Stalwart Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm Not sure about that anymore, maybe I have been here to long :yawn: time to move over to the slow lane now for you Younguns :grumpy::biggrin:

• Like Like x 1
  5. OP
    OP
    Notmyrealname

Ratings:
    +5,588 / 2,888
    Ah! A touch of Xmas. I still have the M&S pudding I bought in Cebu Dec 2019 - must remember this year to eat it.

Never time to move over ('Always too soon to quit') - we would miss your experience of being here. Have you been here in the Philippines longer than anyone else on the Forum, as far as you know?

@Rye83 represents the younguns - I think he is now weaned. :smile: [Had to add a smile to avoid removal].

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Jack Peterson

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,207 / 1,082
    Gosh No. at 8+ years (Permanent) but over 20 years toing and froing I am still a Youngster here. there are many that no longer post much that have been here an awful Lot Longer :cigar:

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. OP
    OP
    Notmyrealname

Ratings:
    +5,588 / 2,888
    Having 'nowt better to do' I try to remember to check the birthday list when I am online - it is rare to find a current member. Even very recently Mr Shabbynomad deleted his account (no-one to lead me astray now, I'm having to do it for myself! :smile: ) - so 'life expectancy' is often quite brief.

8. SpringYellow

SpringYellow DI Member

Ratings:
    +78 / 23
    Blood Type:
    A+
    OMG, I love sugar. Thanks for sharing this information maybe I need to convince myself to limit my sugar intake. By the way, how much sugar is okay in one day?

9. Always a Poppy

Always a Poppy DI Senior Member Restricted Account

Ratings:
    +828 / 142
    The answer regarding added sugar (to hot drinks etc) is likely 'none'. There's so much sugar added to manufactured food and drink that you'll already be exceeding your recommended daily intake. Especially here, where it's very hard to find low or zero sugar versions of anything (reflecting the apathy in this society towards the dangers). Want a Coke Zero in McDonalds.....'Sorry Sir, (permanently) not available' etc...

• Like Like x 2
  10. OP
    OP
    Notmyrealname

Ratings:
    +5,588 / 2,888
    It probably needs a nutritionist to answer this well - I am not. I can only read various articles and pick out certain facts, then add those to what I already know.

Obviously this is personal choice - but are you aware that sugar can be addictive as with 'other' drugs? Your "I love sugar" makes me wonder if you are addicted. I think "maybe" all of us need to limit our sugar intake - the consequences for health in consuming too much of this 'drug' are enormous. I would suggest though, as with any addiction, don't go 'cold turkey' but instead gradually reduce your sugar intake.

I remember a TV item years ago where research showed people favoured foods containing cream and those containing sugar but, most of all, those containing BOTH.

I found this "The American Heart Association advises capping added sugars at 6 teaspoons (25 grams) per day for women and 9 teaspoons (36 g) per day for men." I have also read that sugary drinks are by far the biggest issue - drinking pure water is best, but do we want to live to 120 with a boring life?

The biggest factor is avoiding added sugar (the sugar manufacturers put in to make us want to eat more of that product!). I have read some concern about this, as natural sugars (such as fructose in fruits and lactose in milk) are still sugars and so end up as glucose and eventually fats if consumed in excess.

However, it seems to me to be best practice to consume natural sugars to get the sugar we need in the body as an energy source BUT then avoid adding in sugars chucked at us by food manufacturers - and most definitely to heavily reduce sugary drinks.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1