Dumaguete Info Search

Best Posts in Thread: Suggestions on transferring my money to me from the states

1. SkipJack

SkipJack DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +1,161 / 79
    Blood Type:
    I don't know.
    It is true that US banks have very bad exchange rates.

Philippine banks have very competitive exchange rates. This is why it is best to transfer money into a US dollar account here in the Philippines first and then convert it into pesos here.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Garcia

Garcia DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +322 / 129
    Wise formerly TransferWise are excellent, good rates, and secure and never let me down. Multi currency accounts, technically an on line bank without the silly fees.

Avoid WorldFirst.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. cabb

cabb DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster ✤Forum Sponsor✤

Ratings:
    +1,107 / 241
    If looking for a large one time transfer, like money to purchase a house, wire transfer from your bank to a PI bank account. You could do $100k USD for less than $50. It's there in one day or less depending on when you initiate the transfer.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. JWBobbit

JWBobbit DI Member

Ratings:
    +255 / 0
    Wise.com is an excellent service, I use it often to transfer 5000 AUD at a time, and the rate is the same as XE.com daily rate with a very small fee.
    Transfer to BDO can take anywhere between 1-4 hours which is sensational service for an international transfer. I use the PAYID system in Australia to instantly pay Wise from a bank account in Australia, they update on their site and email to say they have received it within minutes and that they have already made payment to BDO.
    They request a reason for payment from a drop list and I always pick general living expenses.

• Agree Agree x 2