Dumaguete Info Search

Suited venue for a wedding

Discussion in 'Dining - Nightlife - Entertainment' started by Dutchie, Aug 29, 2017.

1. Dutchie

Dutchie DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +1,743 / 123
    Blood Type:
    A+
    See thread title: who can help identify some places to go check out that would be willing and able to host a wedding in/around Dumaguete.
    Am looking for a somewhat stylish place with good food, not sure yet about number of guests.
    Sofar seen only pictures of some resorts, but many appear not to have the space or capacity for a wedding. Sta Monica in Banilad may be an exception?

2. ex231

ex231 DI Member

Ratings:
    +124 / 28
    Check out Tierra Alta. Pretty good food and beautiful view. 3 years ago I think it was about $500 for the venue, food for 50, and they threw in a free room.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. a007esprit

a007esprit DI Junior Member Showcase Reviewer

car nut anything with cars and old bikes
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    I guess its really depending on how manny people . but would look outside Dumaguete .Sta Monica yes but well not a great fan of them becouse of there food.

4. Dr. Shiva

Dr. Shiva DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +480 / 165
    Blood Type:
    O-
    There was a bigger place in Bacong at the beach where we had a forum meeting with lechon and lots of other food. But I can not remember who was providing the food.

5. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,532 / 1,016
    Bacong has the Tree House Park. It is a large outdoor area with a sizeable two story tree house. We had 130 people there for my son's baptism party. It is across the street from St. Augustine church. You have to have your food catered. There is a business nearby that can provide awnings and tables and chairs. There are picnic tables there as well.

6. sntmig

sntmig DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +121 / 17
    Am looking for a somewhat stylish place with good food, not sure yet about number of guests.

Pura Vida,Pura Vida,Pura Vida !!

7. Brian Oinks

Brian Oinks That's Mr. Pig to you Boy! :) Highly Rated Poster

Negros Oriental - Near to Zamboanguita ;)
    Ratings:
    +1,535 / 727
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Also be sure you know what you are getting, we had an issue with Dresses/Suits. We went to one place in the City recommended to us by one of the Tricycle Driver's when asked if he knew of a Wedding Dress Shop in Dumaguete. We went there and checked out what they had to offer, we chose the style of dresses my Wife liked, paid the Owner and went home waiting for the call to come in for the fittings. MY Understanding was we were BUYING The Dresses (around 20K!) and when we went back, one of the workers who took measurements asked my Wife WHY it was so expensive? I said to her that we were buying not renting, and the Owner frowned and said something in Bisayan and the worker looked very flustered and quickly left us with the Owner. I mentioned it to my Wife and she spoke with the owner who in the end confused her even more with vague replies. Long story short, we were only renting and the worker mentioned that it should have been around half what we were paying to my Wife. I am SURE the worker lost her job as she was not there when we returned the Dresses and were charged for cleaning on top for barely noticeable spots that I am sure were there before from previous hiring. Check more than one place before you choose and compare pricing and IF you are Buying or Hiring!

*EDIT:
    Oh; I had my Barong Tagalog Shirt and the rest of the guys shirts made from Ramil's Tailors who did a great price and great job on them! We had to go and buy the material from a Material shop (we chose the shop opposite-near to the Frozen Throne Internet Cafe WIDE Choice of materials there) and take back to the Tailor who measured up us guys and had them done within a few days! HIGHLY Recommended Tailor for any larger sized expats here who want quality clothing made for them!

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. gerry_bc

gerry_bc DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +608 / 34
    Best you figure out number of guests, budget per head, with or without accommodations and any special needs associated with the event. Your inquire is too vague to receive any applicable response. There are many long time residents here who could probably assist you but you give no specifics.

9. OP
    OP
    Dutchie

Dutchie DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +1,743 / 123
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Yes Gerry, I know it's not so easy to give advice when so many factors are still unknown. My aim was/is to just get some names/locations of possible venues and go check out the food and atmosphere.
    I'm not in a hurry, at the earliest the wedding might be somewhere next year March.
    Paperwork is more of a concern in the short term :smile:

10. Brian Oinks

Brian Oinks That's Mr. Pig to you Boy! :) Highly Rated Poster

Negros Oriental - Near to Zamboanguita ;)
    Ratings:
    +1,535 / 727
    Blood Type:
    A+
    I came here for 6 weeks, asawa and I managed from scratch, to do all of the footwork, lodge all relevant paperwork, officiate the marriage, celebrate the ceremony, pig out on the lechon baboy and all with-in that time frame, with a week or so rest up afterwards. :biggrin:

You can do it in a short time, but if you have the time, then I recommend to do it at your leisure and relax and enjoy, it can get very stressful at times, not good when it is suppose to be a memorable and enjoyable experience. :smile:

One thing I will say is; I married twice in Australia, my first at 19 years of age in a Salvation Army Church to negate the conflicts of two Families with differing Religious views. I did not like it. :sorry: My second was a Civil Ceremony in our backyard, again, something was missing? :sorry:

Then here, I decided to allow my Wife to arrange a traditional Filipino Wedding, I very much liked the significance of our ceremony and how everything was explained to me as to what we were going to do and why, the way in which it was performed as per local customs, and the whole closeness of the day in a small airy Church out in the Sugar Cane fields, simple, yet profound in many ways, I am so happy that I let her choose, 3rd time lucky! :smile: