Dumaguete Info Search

Health & Wellness Best Posts in Thread: SUMC or ME?

1. SkipJack

SkipJack DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +1,160 / 79
    Blood Type:
    I don't know.
    Is "Pissed off Jim" causing a problem for the rest of us foreigners?

In this case "the doctor will not see foreigners anymore".

These people who go around overreacting or acting badly cause the local population to have a negative view of us all.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 3
  2. danbandanna

danbandanna DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +1,482 / 300
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Then I will assume it is an issue between you and the hospital, but would have been nice had you explained that in your original post. I have a family and any problems using the hospital are of paramount interest to me and probably others here on this forum....

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  3. djfinn6230

djfinn6230 DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +953 / 117
    Blood Type:
    B+
    Agree. All too often we see foreigners come into settings like this expecting the Philippine culture to be accepting of our high Western expectations based on our “superior” ways of doing everything and our fat wallets and when they refuse to change their entire way of doing things to accommodate us, they become “pissed off Jims”. The people in the medical community, including the doctor who owns his/her practice are not trying to learn from and adopt our superior ways or get rich from our foreigner dollars (they will not anyway), they are only trying to live reasonably meaningful lives and contribute to their society as best they can. Pissed off Jims become toxic to their daily routines and it is understandable that they just want to keep the negativity out of their lives.

Not good for the rest of us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 4
  4. Always a Poppy

Always a Poppy DI Senior Member Restricted Account

Ratings:
    +828 / 142
    Never had any issues with SUMC when my father-in-law was there for 10 days. Some entry controls as you'd expect currently, but fairly lax about having up to three people in the room with him at times, when nurses visited. Never asked for any proof of funds prior to payment.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. jimeve

jimeve DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired.
    Ratings:
    +1,854 / 1,022
    Blood Type:
    A+
    I was there last week SUMC. I must admit I was a little confused. Step 1 Look on the board outside and look for the doctors phone number and phone for an appointment. Step 2 Once your appointment has been confirmed go get a priority ticket. Step 3 go to the person on the counter for your temp and show your ticket. Step 4 there is no step 4. Just go inside and ask that nice guard where is the doctor, in your case the lab.

• Like Like x 1
  6. grandpainak

grandpainak DI Forum Patron Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +700 / 163
    Best Answer
    You are right. I was just trying to illustrate my frustration with not being let in. NO THERE IS NOT A DOOR/COVER CHARGE and the guards do not have a credit card reader at the front door. Sorry for the confusion.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2020
  7. grandpainak

Ratings:
    +700 / 163
    NO: I was just trying to say that they were not going to let me in the hospital at any cost. Yes I did use my Visa card there.

• Like Like x 3
  8. grandpainak

Ratings:
    +700 / 163
    it is probably me. I managed to let them p*ss me off again. Seems like every time I go there I end up leave there pissed off with out getting anything done that I went there to do. This morning they would not even let me in the door! I guess I'm so old and ugly they do not want me to inter through their "Golden Arches" into their Golden Hospital in the sky. May be they thought my Visa Credit Card limit of 291,120.06 pesos was not enough to get some lab work done.
    NO PROBLEM at ACE! Going back there to pick up my Lab results this afternoon and it only cost 2,027.93 pesos and NO HASSLES.

Just got back from the second trip. The lab results at ACE went off with out a hitch and was out of there in just a couple of minutes.
    SUMC doctor's appointment took one and one half hours, 35 minutes of it was the late Doctor. 15 minutes with the Doc. and 700 pesos later I left without any more knowledge than when I went in. I did get a script for an Ultrasound and an invite to see him after I get the results of the Ultrasound. Can't get the Ultrasound done until tomorrow late afternoon. Will not be able to get back to see the Doc till Wednesday. Ultrasound cost 2,158.00 pesos + lab work at ACE this morning for 2027.93 bringing the cost to 4885.93. and a day to finish it. I have arthritis in the knee and hip making the cement chairs in the waiting room very painful after the first half hour.
    This getting old :poop: really really sucks. :wtf:

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2020
  9. Best Answer:
    Post #11 by grandpainak, Sep 14, 2020 (4 points)
  10. jimeve

jimeve DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired.
    Ratings:
    +1,854 / 1,022
    Blood Type:
    A+
    My wife came in with me . As long you fill in the (honesty form) that is required.