Dumaguete Info Search

Sundown

Discussion in 'Dining - Nightlife - Entertainment' started by shadow, May 6, 2011.

1. OP
    OP
    shadow

shadow DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +39 / 0
    At one point several years ago in Lee Plaza I had to get a manager to come to the register to convince the clerk that her calculations with the calculator were wrong.

In defense of Sundown, I have continued to go there irregularly. The girl that was at the brunt of my previous post is no longer there. The beer is always cold, the service far above average. Food still mediocre at best.

Overall a good place to sit for an hour and have a cold beer.

Larry

2. F4UCorsair

F4UCorsair DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Seems like I can get a PhD/Masters from Silliman then!!

Sundown sounds like it's on the list for a cold beer on arrival, and I'll keep an eye on the girl with the calculator

3. OP
    OP
    shadow

shadow DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +39 / 0
    We have continued frequenting Sundown since my original post. For the most part, the service has been great, the food has improved and is on the plus side of ok, the beer almost always cold, that is, until recently.

Twice in the last two weeks the beer has been p*ss warm. The first time I asked for 4 beers and a bucket of ice. After much ado I managed to get a beer in a bucket of ice. Ok. A half hour later the beer was just drinkable.

Earlier this week we stopped again. The first 4 beers were cold, and we ordered dinner. Dinner arrived with a p*ss warm beer, this beer was above outside temperature. "sorry sir, no more cold beer". At this time I had been there over an hour already, there were few other customers aside from me.

A trip past the cooler showed about 6 beers in an otherwise empty large ref, the ref appeared to be unplugged.

The first time I posted a bad report on this forum about my experience at Sundown, the problem was immediately rectified never to happen again. In fact, the person that was the problem was never seen again. Most visits since then (usually several per week) have been pleasant, great service, cold beer, no complaints. Until now.

Hopefully they will rectify this problem as well, lest I have to find a different place to frequent.

Larry

4. larrye781

larrye781 DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    never mind 4480 + 6640, thats complicated, they cant even add 30 +26 without a calculater, thats my experience