Dumaguete Info Search

Suzuki Multicab questions

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by 123lukie, Jan 22, 2011.

1. sandycreekg

sandycreekg DI Member Showcase Reviewer

retired
    Ratings:
    +167 / 14
    Hello Wrye83,
    Thanks for your reply and advice how to tell if been converted, will look into that, in regards to a mechanic......I talked to a guy who has a Suzuki 4wd who is also living at the drill shack resort near Dauin where I live and he suggest Ulrich mechanicals on the Valencia road close to Robinsons and opposite the hypermarket. Will try them out when I get my van. I think it is called a scrum coz it is the later cat eye model.

It is like a little mini van, with a bench seat cross ways in the back, Ulrich apparently have a menu on their computer noting various operations they carry out...eg.service, oil change...the labour cost and parts cost....so there is no made up cost

sandycreekg

• I was wondering about that too! I was wondering about that too! x 1
  2. sandycreekg

retired
    Ratings:
    +167 / 14
    sorry that should have been Alrich mechanicals

3. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I have never used Aldrich's before. I've heard good things about them though. Anothony's next door does a great job with bodywork and paint if you ever need that done.

Did the link for the service manual work for you?

4. sandycreekg

retired
    Ratings:
    +167 / 14
    Thanks for some more information, yes the link worked, what kind of Suzuki do you have..??

5. robert k

robert k DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +1,213 / 264
    I tried Alrich today and they did a good job. I'd use them again until they mess up or I find someone better. I thought the price was good.

6. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I just call it a multicab. I have no idea what the official name of it is.....and I'm not even sure it is a Suzuki. I hardly ever drive a car/truck in Dumaguete. It only gets driven when I really need to go out while it's raining......and that's so rare that when I do need the vehicle it has been sitting for so long it won't start. :rolleyes:

7. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,209 / 1,086
    LOL :D Dustin is that rare you go out or rare it is raining?:confused: Which Dumaguete do you Live in,:oops: Oops Oh! Sorry, Valencia

8. Rye83

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    It's rare that I need to go out when it's raining. As long as I have food and smokes in the house I do not need to go anywhere.....and I'm told the human body can go weeks without food......so I just need smokes. :wink:

• Funny Funny x 2
  9. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,209 / 1,086
    HA! So, My wife IS trying to Kill me by Over Feeding.:eek:

JP:wink:

• Like Like x 1
  10. sandycreekg

retired
    Ratings:
    +167 / 14
    our story of our suzuki van
    Just want add our story of our van in case some body goes to this mechanic............we have wanted to buy a suzuki van for a while now and we met this guy who said he could help us, we told him what we were looking for............a late model rear engine with automatic gear box.
    He said he has some contacts in Cebu city where he could pick up one cheap and bring it back to Dumaguete city to his back yard work shop and go over the van and fix any problems and also paint it the colour we liked. He said the whole project would cost us 130,000p finished and with new 12 month registration.
    First of all he asked for a 60,000p deposit to get the ball rolling then he took off to Cebu as he had a van ready to buy, the next day he rang and said the van had allready been sold and said he would be back to Dumaguete with our deposit soon.
    The next day we went to get our deposit we noticed another suzuki van at his house, he said he picked up another van which had everything we needed and if we wanted it we could have it for 160,000.
    At this stage we were both upset because the van was the wrong colour and was more higher price and from a short inspection had a few mechanical problems as well as some rust.
    So we asked............if we are not happy and do not want the van , can we have our deposit back.......??
    We were told.......yes if we can wait till the van is sold.
    My wife and I took a little walk up the road to discuss what to do and we ddecide to take the van and spend another 20,000p and should have a good van as could lead to more complications wating for it to be sold.
    We asked this guy if he could change the engine oil and filter plus the transmission oil and filter and he said that would be 2000p extra as were were not aware of any other mechanics or the prices for services at the time.
    Upon finally getting the van and all the paper work we discovered the engine oil had been changed but not the filter, the transmission also.
    We have been driving for a few days now and seems to go well and quite economical but we will taking it to Aldrichs next week to get a few thing done like check the cooling system as the thermo fan is running all the time and thee temp guage sits at a little over half when operating, also there is a big vibration when it starts........maybe a loose or broken mount some where , but other than that seems ok,
    this mechanic guy is a filipino and lives in Bacong and operates out of a shed in his back yard and his first name is Jorge so just to warn people if they do get recomended to this guy. We will just mention his first name for now, have enclosed a pic of my wife and the van.
    sandycreekg

• Informative Informative x 2
    • I was wondering about that too! I was wondering about that too! x 2