Dumaguete Info Search

Suzuki Multicab questions

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by 123lukie, Jan 22, 2011.

1. sandycreekg

sandycreekg DI Member Showcase Reviewer

retired
    Ratings:
    +167 / 14
    a update on our Suzuki van....took it and left it at Aldriches for a couple of days this week and got it back yesterday and really impressed with the work they done.

Had a compression test........all good, a tune up......change plugs, replace P.C valve, adjust tappets, adjust fuel injection, flush cooling system and replace fluid, test cooling system, repair drivers side passenger sliding door, repair passenger side mudguard behind front wheel, repace screw in front bumper bar, put new screw in drivers side dash board, adjust passenger side door to close properly, replace left side shock mount, relace right side lower arm assembly, check pitman arm, tie rod ends and centre post.

Total bill cost was 3165p including parts and la

Well done Aldrich, it is a much better car now

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Dave & Imp

Dave & Imp DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,703 / 884
    It seems like they dig a lot of little things. Did you tell them what to do or did they find the iusses on their own? Sounds like they did a great job.

• Like Like x 1
  3. sandycreekg

sandycreekg DI Member Showcase Reviewer

retired
    Ratings:
    +167 / 14
    Ihad a list of stuff for them to fix, and they solved the big vibration issue by them selves, I could not work it out, thought it was a loose engine mount or something like that, the changed the air cleaner element and did a tune up and a completely different car with no vibration now, also had to get a few thing replaced on the front suspension as I now have 2 new front tyres and want to get a wheel alignment

• I was wondering about that too! I was wondering about that too! x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Catabisis

Catabisis DI Member Infamous

Ratings:
    +45 / 9
    Blood Type:
    A+
    It worked for me. Thanks

5. NYC

NYC DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer Blood Donor Veteran Air Force

Retired Airline pilot
    Ratings:
    +576 / 154
    Blood Type:
    A-
    I have a 4x4 Multicab dump truck that has served me well for several years. I live in Sagbang and it gets used a lot carrying loads up the mountain, so things are getting worn out and might not be worth repairing. The engine is definitely in need of at least a top overhaul and wondering if it might be a better proposition to get a new engine (if one exists) or one that has been RELIABLY rebuilt rather than rebuild this one that might mean a lot of down time. Another alternative would be a nice 4x4 Multicab with just the empty frame in back and I can remove the dumper body and put it on the "new" frame. My question is: A reliable vendor for a rebuilt engine to just drop in (if, of course, I can find the right model to fit) or a dealer that might sell Multicab frames (if, of course, I can find a 4x4.) Any SERIOUS advice will be welcome.

6. Ozzyguy

Ozzyguy DI Forum Adept

Retired
    Ratings:
    +364 / 182
    Blood Type:
    I don't know.
    Another alternative would be a nice 4x4 Multicab with just the empty frame in back and I can remove the dumper body and put it on the "new" frame.

This would be my option, but you need to find a low km one that has been serviced, thats the hard bit. Or a crashed one and swap over your parts.

The thing with a overhall is you are only fixing the bit that is worn out, as cars get older everything will start to go wrong.

Just my 2c from working in the automotive industry most my life.

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. Philpots

Philpots DI Senior Member Restricted Account

Ratings:
    +801 / 170
    Blood Type:
    A-
    Yes I tend to agree. Gearbox, clutch if its manual, clutches and bands if automatic. Steering joints and end, differential, brakes, suspension, especially if its done lots of trips as you suggest. I think you are making a mistake. Get rid of it and buy something a bit more recent by age and kms.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. NYC

Retired Airline pilot
    Ratings:
    +576 / 154
    Blood Type:
    A-
    Thank you Ozzyguy and Philpots. Both worthy bits of advice. I really would like to find a low mileage, not-too-old 4x4 unit. I think it will be unlikely that I can find an engine suitable and, as Phil points out, I need to consider that everything else is wearing out, too. Now, to find my frame...

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  9. Ozzyguy

Ozzyguy DI Forum Adept

Retired
    Ratings:
    +364 / 182
    Blood Type:
    I don't know.
    Also a newer one may also be safer with new technology. Air bags etc.

The ones I have been in I would never put my family in on on a highway. Things are a death trap.

10. NYC

Retired Airline pilot
    Ratings:
    +576 / 154
    Blood Type:
    A-
    Good point. This truck rarely leaves the municipal limits of Valencia, though. Can't remember the last time it was even in Dumaguete. I have never even driven it...I'm too big to comfortably operate it; I can barely stand being in the passenger seat!

• Like Like x 1