Dumaguete Info Search

Symptoms of Covid in the vaccinated

Discussion in 'COVID-19' started by Notmyrealname, Aug 27, 2021.

1. Notmyrealname

Notmyrealname DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,600 / 2,889
    https://www.express.co.uk/life-styl...e-headache-sneezing-sore-throat-loss-of-smell

"According to data from the ZOE COVID Study, fully vaccinated people now make up nearly 30 percent of positive cases and so it’s critical to be aware of the symptoms of Covid after vaccination," said Professor Tim Spector, lead scientist on the ZOE COVID Study app.

He continued: "Our data shows post-vaccination infections are much more like a cold than the flu, with the top symptoms being runny nose, headache, sneezing, sore throat and loss of smell.

It’s estimated there are currently 15,309 new daily symptomatic cases in fully vaccinated people in the UK, cases in this group have been rising steadily for the last week and now make up 29.4 percent of the total new daily cases.

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. Dutchie

Dutchie DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +1,743 / 123
    Blood Type:
    A+

My estimate would be a much higher number than 15k; if indeed the symptoms are as described then people will simply assume they have a cold and not get tested at all (meaning that many infections among the vaccinated go undetected).

3. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    No different here with people that are asymptomatic or have mild symptoms (the vast majority of cases) wanting to avoid quarantine. I certainly wouldn't self report or see a doctor unless I started having serious issue. I wouldn't be surprised if the actual cases are 5 times higher than reported.

• Agree Agree x 9
  4. Edward K

Edward K DI Senior Member Veteran Navy

Ratings:
    +995 / 82
    I check for covid by smell test every day, sometimes twice a day. So far extremely valid. (and, yes, we pick it up every time)...
    poop.jpeg

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2021