Dumaguete Info Search

Trades & Labor synthetic nipa

Discussion in 'Businesses - Services - Products' started by you_have_been_removed, Jun 29, 2021.

1. Notmyrealname

Notmyrealname DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,600 / 2,889
    Any company still in business in 20 years time would probably use the "You didn't maintain it correctly" excuse not to uphold a guarantee.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. DAVE1952

DAVE1952 DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,095 / 219
    Blood Type:
    I don't know.
    I'm interested to know what degree of pitch you have on these Nippa roofs?
    I met a guy German here in Valencia who has built a house with a very large roof I think it is something like 600m2 all done in Nippa, I think he said the material he used is Sac Sac, well he went on to say that traditionally most Roofs in Asia were all the same Pitch at 60 degrees and at this steep angle grass roofs last 4 times longer than the now adopted 30 degree pitch and the reason for that is they don't hold water quite the same and less prone to rotting. I did get a chance to go visit this house and sure enough it was stunning and very well thought out, the main structure was all done in Bamboo and it was a work of Art.

IMG_1198.JPG IMG_1199 (1).JPG

• Like Like x 4
  3. OP
    OP
    you_have_been_removed

you_have_been_removed THIS IS SPARTA!!!!

Ratings:
    +261 / 53

thank you, that was exactly my experience too with the natural nipa, if it is just a dirty kitchen then changing it out is no big deal, but if its a bedroom or another decorated room of the house it gets quite messy and is a home for all sorts of critters, yes I spoke to Palmex too and found them quite expensive, i am in contact directly with a company in Xiamen China, and that's who supplies Palmex, they have a better selection and are 40% cheaper and will ship to Cebu

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. OP
    OP
    you_have_been_removed

you_have_been_removed THIS IS SPARTA!!!!

Ratings:
    +261 / 53
    thats fantastic man, good job, yes the pitch has an awful lot to do with the longevity of the nipa for sure

5. RR_biker

RR_biker DI Senior Member Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +746 / 109
    Did you ever visit Azalea resto on the way to Twin lakes? The roof there has also a quite stunning look. Should be a couple of years old by now so interesting what's the current condition.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. DAVE1952

DAVE1952 DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,095 / 219
    Blood Type:
    I don't know.
    No I did not visit there, I think when it comes to building with Bamboo there is some skilled men out there building in the traditional way, the only experienced I have had with it is: we have a piece lying around on our site for almost 1 year now and it has become very dry and brittle mostly it was stored under a roof out of the sun and kept dry. Also at this same time we have had Coco Lumber some of which is almost 1yr lying around on the site in all weathers, I'm talking about pieces that were good to start with that were dark in colour with the deep brown veins running through it, now that is still good and strong even now.

• Informative Informative x 1