Dumaguete Info Search

Best Posts in Thread: Tagalog wife in Dumaguete area

1. The New Guys

The New Guys DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 2
    Excellent idea, HC! As soon as we find a place that seems suitable, that’s exactly what we’ll do

• Like Like x 3
  2. Happy Camper

Happy Camper DI Senior Member Restricted Account Infamous Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,395 / 180
    Blood Type:
    O+
    How about this for an idea? You and your wife pick a time, date and place. Announce it here and invite others to join you and see what happens. Even if one couple shows up and you hit it off, you have a success.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. The New Guys

The New Guys DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 2
    My wife speaks both Tagalog and Bisaya, but neither of us have made any friends here yet. Are there any particular spots where mixed couples congregate? Thanks

• Like Like x 2
  4. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086
    Mike, Azon speaks both and will always have conversations with cel, There are many among my Friends who have a Wife /GF that speaks both, maybe you need to get her out among them at some time, I really don't thing we have many ( if any at all would snub Cel)
    @OzMike

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Roadwitch80

Roadwitch80 DI Member

Ratings:
    +315 / 62
    I reckon she would be. They, likely, just don’t want to be bothered translating things for people reason why they don’t want to hang out with people who can’t understand them. Too much effort and then they start using words like “nosebleed”. It’s like when you want to chill out, you just want to hang out with friends and not having to worry about straining your brain communicating things. The moment she gets the hang of Bisaya, I reckon she will be fine.

And no, I unfortunately do not speak Tagalog. But I’ve been told my sign language skills are exemplary.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. Happy Camper

Happy Camper DI Senior Member Restricted Account Infamous Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,395 / 180
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I don't recommend telling her that though. My philosophy, Happy wife, happy life.

• Agree Agree x 2