Dumaguete Info Search

Features Tapatalk is un-Banned

Discussion in 'Forum Announcements & User Feedback' started by Rye83, Feb 24, 2016.

1. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Tapatalk recently decided that it would be a-ok to add a chat feature to their app and call it the "Official" Dumaguete Info chat room without giving any notice to me (or other forum admins). This chat room is also completely controlled by Tapatalk and I have absolutely no ability to moderate or turn off this feature. I take this as Tapatalk trying to hijack the forum and take content and discussions away from the main forums. This simply will not be tolerated.

On top of this they decided it would be a good idea to delete/moderate MY tirade posted in the "DI Chat Room" explaining my disgust for the feature being added without consent. This is a big no-go for me. The only people that should be able to moderate on this forum (and on any features claiming to be a part of DI) is the people I have assigned those privileges to and under NO circumstance should some nameless third-party person be able to moderate a forum owner's content.

Tapatalk is banned.

• Like x 4
    • Agree x 4
    • Winner x 3
    • Informative x 2
    • Genius x 2
  2. Tapatalk

Tapatalk Guest Guest User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    FYI. When I arrived to the site on my phone, a Tapatalk banner was obscuring the forum link. Had to X it to make it dissappear. These developers must be on drugs.

I'm guessing the banner is coming from the app rather than the site? Now I'm wondering if this ad I'm seeing to download X app is from the site or Tapatalk.

3. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,212 / 1,089
    In light of what the owner has said about this, I feel this is a very silly name to be using even as a guest, I do hope you will not try and Join our Forum trying to use this Name.
    Of course this only my Opinion:pompus:

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. OP
    OP
    Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    The banner was part of the Tapatalk app. I allowed it to be there while the app was being used on the forum. It is no longer there as I have completely removed all Tapatalk related files from the server. If you are still seeing it you need to clear your browsers cache.

• Like Like x 1
  5. TheDude

TheDude DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster

Ratings:
    +1,465 / 822
    That was me. I was using my phone and couldn't be bothered to sign in. :P

6. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,212 / 1,089
    :bag: Lazy bones :roflmao:

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. OP
    OP
    Rye83

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Tapatalk gave forum owners control over the chat (which I have disabled). The app is available again for forum users.