Dumaguete Info Search

teeth implantation cost

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by crazy2004, Jun 29, 2010.

1. Don

Don DI Member

Ratings:
    +20 / 1
    Teeth Implantation Cost

Hi Felisa,

I didn't Google it, but went to that Wikepedia (splg?) site - here's what they said:
    < A dental implant is an artificial tooth root used in dentistry to support restorations that resemble a tooth or group of teeth.

Virtually all dental implants placed today are root-form endosseous implants. In other words, virtually all dental implants placed in the 21st century appear similar to an actual tooth root (and thus possess a "root-form") and are placed within the bone (end- being the Greek prefix for "in" and osseous referring to "bone. Dental implants can be used to support a number of dental prostheses, including crowns, implant-supported bridges or dentures.").>

So it seems to me we are BOTH correct - perhaps just tripping over symatics?

I can easily understnd where the drilling down into the jaw bone is said to be similar to a "root canal" - but to me, when I was quite younger, I had a "Root canal" done on one, single tooth only. The tooth was removed and the *nerves* extracted...at that time. No crown was made as no tooth was there anymore.

So to me...when you called it a "root canal" I had a completely different vision of that...one tooth pulled, drill a hole deep down, remove nerves, pack the hole with who-knew-what...and that's it.

Later on in my life, in my implantation case, the doc drilled out a hole, didn't remove anything, (except jaw bone) and then inserted the titanium implant ( post) with a small hammer by by pounding the post (implant) into the jaw bone. Deep!! OUCH!! A 'sleeve' was then screwed on over the post, that allowed an "0" ring, put into the existing denture, to clamp onto the post. Thee holes, 3 implants (posts) = 5 grand USD.

My regular dentist sent the denture out to a lab for the drilling out and insertion of the spefic type of "0" rings to be inserted into the denture...then the Implant Doc did all the routine followup for fit of the denture to the "0" rings,comfort, etc,etc.

Hope we are in agreement now. Thanks.

2. felisa gil

felisa gil DI Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Hi Don,

No problem. Funny the more I read on it the more confused I am

We are in California now moving around and partying with our friends from Tanjay. Can't really sit down too long to read the exchanges.

3. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086
    :eek: WHATEVER! they are called, it all sounds very expensive. Maybe a deal can be struck up with PAL or Cebu Pacific for runs to the European Dental capitals we have been reading about.:rolleyes:

Jack P. :smile:

4. michaela

michaela DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    though braces and implants are so expensive, hubby spent 11t dollars for my teeth here in the States, I am so happy with the result, all the life in the Philippines I was teased that I look like a bunny because of my teeth, now when I smile, people always comment how perfect my teeth are, those things gave me a perfect smile...

5. firefly

firefly DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 1
    Thailand is well known for dental repairs. Cheaper and better quality than Philippines and certaily cheaper to fly than Europe or US.

6. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086
    :confused: NOW! here I am a little confused, my Cousin is in Polnand just now for dental treatment, He is resident in Bangkok, is it a case of who you know? Not me, but is there something he should Know?:(

Jack P.:smile:

7. firefly

firefly DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 1
  8. Jack Peterson

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086
  9. part2100

part2100 DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    good day to all!

for your dental implant needs please go to Dr. manolo imbo, at mezzanine floor, portal west , silliman dumaguete.
    i think 1 implant will cost 60,000.00 pesos. with free porcelain crown.
    but if you prefer to use non metal ceramic crowns , i think it you will have to add additional 20,000.00 pesos per crown.

in the states it will cost you $2,000.00 to $4,000.00. i think depending on your case.
    so that will cost roughly about 90,000.00 pesos to 200,000.00pesos.
    much cheaper here in dumaguete. and it well done!

10. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    Thanks for the Info.
    As you are very obvious "very close related" to that person I would recommend to shoot me a mail about the options of commercial advertising on DumagueteInfo. rhoody@dumagueteinfo.com

We are happy to set something up for you.

Please understand that we can not allow to have the Forum spammed by that kind of posts, therefore we unapproved your other 4 similar entries.

Thanks for understanding, cheers

[​IMG]