Dumaguete Info Search

Utilities & Mobile Television options

Discussion in 'Businesses - Services - Products' started by DiverTim, Jan 27, 2018.

1. DiverTim

DiverTim DI Member

Engineer
    Ratings:
    +125 / 11
    Hello, I reside in Dauin and have been paying FilProducts monthly for ever decreasing quality of TV. Please advise how the other services stack up, considering SKY or Signal (Dish). Seems here in Philippines you never get what you payfor!!
    Thanks in advance.

2. Best Answer:
    Post #5 by Kilam63, Jan 28, 2018 (4 points)
  3. djfinn6230

djfinn6230 DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +953 / 117
    Blood Type:
    B+
    Depending on what you watch, the internet can be your best choice. I still pay the small monthly USA price for netflix. I use my USA daughter’s sign on for Hulu. For “cable” news, there are several free streams available, some live. In the USA I cut the cord for cable and just used terrestrial broadcast and a google tv box, mostly for YouTube and Netflix. But you don’t need that, just a laptop and HDMI cable. Terrestrial tv here is mostly Tagalog or cebuano but it still can be fun and interesting to watch TV Patrol. I suspect terrestrial is analog with weak 100 watt transmitters, thus a crappy picture so perhaps best not to bother. We have filproducts but don’t use it much and if it wasn’t so cheap I would cancel it. Any Globe DSL works fine with internet streaming, probably the same for PLDT.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. djfinn6230

Ratings:
    +953 / 117
    Blood Type:
    B+
    Also, if you do use USA-only services such as Hulu, you need a VPN but not just “any VPN”. Use ExpressVPN. The services are always shutting access to content from new, known VPN servers but a few VPN’s like ExpressVPN closely monitor this and keep changing servers addresses to you don’t get denied. Works like a charm. And for those who think this is illegal, it is not. (except for places like PR China).

5. Happy Camper

Happy Camper DI Senior Member Restricted Account Infamous Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,395 / 180
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I have had all they offer. My apartment has PhilProducts but they only offer analog in Dumaguete proper, say it would be too expensive to go to cable. Went and got Sky. After a little over a year, they must have had an argument with Solar because they lost Jack TV both NBA channels, solar sports and did not drop the package price. Then without warning they dropped FoxNews. I had Cignal in Bacolod. Got them to come out and install. Like everything about it, and if the city has a brown out I still get it my apartment has a generator. I use the internet for a few sporting shows that I don't get, it is also a good source.

6. Kilam63

Kilam63 DI Member Showcase Reviewer Veteran Air Force

Retired
    Ratings:
    +135 / 3
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Best Answer
    Cignal prepaid...pay monthly for the channel package you want, good HD picture and when you are away for a period of time you simply don't load it. Disadvantage is losing signal during periods of heavy rain...

7. OP
    OP
    DiverTim

DiverTim DI Member

Engineer
    Ratings:
    +125 / 11
    Thank you for your imformative and concise reply to my question

8. djfinn6230

Ratings:
    +953 / 117
    Blood Type:
    B+
    Haha this thread was so full of BS, including my own, that it was ripe for a comment appreciating the single concise reply. Oh well, Internet forums are not always the best places for brevity. So I guess you weren’t considering internet and terrestrial tv to be tv services.

• Agree Agree x 1