Dumaguete Info Search

terror threat for Dumaguete City

Discussion in 'Dumaguete City' started by redneck, Aug 9, 2013.

1. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    I was in robinsons this pm,there were 3 guards at main entrance checking cars and out the back there were many military personnel near bo's coffee and bdo bank. This was the most that I have ever seen here!

2. alex

alex DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster

EXPERT BOLA BOLA
    Ratings:
    +1,296 / 1,129
    I just came through the city their is many police around in groups, some with bullet proof vests on, seems something is on .

3. Torilian

Torilian DI Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0

4. curveball_inside

curveball_inside DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    My gf noticed an increase in police presence around the city over the past 3 days. She'll notice things quicker than I do most of the time. Of course, her being a native - that makes sense.

5. Dave & Imp

Dave & Imp DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,703 / 884
    Planning my day... early thoughts

6. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    When visiting a local resort today, a couple of cops dropped by with a letter for owners of all resorts etc saying there will be a seminar later this month about the recent terror threats in Dumaguete.

7. Torilian

Torilian DI Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Recent terror threats? Don't we already know? Hope they will talk about protection and furnish AK 47 to the owners so the can protect their property in the future. Talk is cheap and action speaks.

8. simple mind

simple mind DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +19 / 4
    Don't you think you are a bit overreacting, what will the tourists think when they see the guns and bulletproof vests laying around in the resorts...

9. curveball_inside

curveball_inside DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I would not mind seeing AK47's at the ready. Hell, we already see armed security protecting McDo's hamburgers and fries!

10. Torilian

Torilian DI Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    They will know the truth about this lovely country, and that we the foreigners are ready to protect ourselves and the guests.
    When visiting Philippines it is important that tourists understands the risks involved and that protection is available.
    Why make it look better than it is? Go to Mc Do's and have a gun up your @ss when eating...... that is the unpleasant truth.