Dumaguete Info Search

Terrorist guys land bankas on Santander Beach? Info?

Discussion in 'Dumaguete City' started by Wildlands1, Jun 21, 2017.

1. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    • Funny Funny x 3
  2. Jimbo

Jimbo DI Member Restricted Account Veteran Navy

Ratings:
    +43 / 27
    How does anyone ever really even know that these "boogeymen" exist? There's so much fake news going on now in the world.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Brian Oinks

Brian Oinks That's Mr. Pig to you Boy! :) Highly Rated Poster

Negros Oriental - Near to Zamboanguita ;)
    Ratings:
    +1,535 / 727
    Blood Type:
    A+
    SPOT ON Jimbo!!! :thumbsup:

That is in part why I posted the FAKE News links in another thread... With the local gossip you believe 1% and ignore the other 99% and with all of the FAKE News sites, as well as the unscrupulous 'legit' News sites clamoring to be "THE FIRST WITH THE NEWS" it is almost the same % ratio in my way of thinking, but it seems like so many to WANT to believe in 'worse case scenario'... :rolleyes:

Oh, and they exist everywhere... :wink:

• Informative Informative x 2
  4. Jimbo

Ratings:
    +43 / 27
    Brian, boy oh boy could I share some links with you!

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Brian Oinks

Ratings:
    +1,535 / 727
    Blood Type:
    A+
    I am discovering them mate, albeit slowly, some I subscribed to and followed, but after a time I began to grow somewhat suss about the content, so I began comparing stories in Google, now it is much like the Aussie/American Political Pages/Groups, I do not believe any of the :poop: posted anymore and try to cross reference articles before I share or discuss them...

I honestly think it was better before when I had no internet here for 2+ years and lived like a Mushroom totally oblivious to what is going on around me! :biggrin: lol

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086
    Sometimes Brian that can be a good way to be, Less Stress in many cases :bag:

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    It has nothing to do with the internet. Before the internet "fake news" came from TV and radio. Before that newspapers. Before the printing press it came via word of mouth. Fake news is human nature. It has always been there and it will always be there. The guy who screams the most these days about how unfair it is to him used to directly participate in the spreading of fake news about the previous president. (But he doesn't like talking about that anymore.)

Rye83
    This message by Rye83 has been hidden. This message may be off-topic or have violated forum rules. (Show message)
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Genius Genius x 1
    • Trollin' Trollin' x 1
  8. Brian Oinks

Ratings:
    +1,535 / 727
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Read again what I wrote mate, not blaming the internet for fake News, before I had no News, but since I have got the internet back on I hear so much more News where as before with Filipino News on one snowy channel (which I did not understand) no News Papers to read, no Magazines, then; in hindsight, NO NEWS WAS GOOD NEWS! It was better when I was like a clueless Mushroom and did not know is what I meant. Now; after the initial onslaught of catching up with News around the World, back home and here, I have learnt to find other things to occupy my time rather than waste it on News in general unless I think it directly affects me or my family in some way. :wink:

• Like Like x 2
  9. Jimbo

Ratings:
    +43 / 27
    yeah, being "awake" is almost like "suffering" in a way

• Funny Funny x 2
  10. TheDude

TheDude DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster

Ratings:
    +1,465 / 822
    Maybe they were just too lazy to remove the packaging. Sometimes when I buy a new laptop I just leave the styrofoam caps on it because I'm so clumsy that I'm afraid I'll drop it and break it.

Laptop. Built like a tank.

laptop-endcaps1-300x181.jpg

• Funny Funny x 4