Dumaguete Info Search

Thank God we haven't any human garbage like this here...

Discussion in 'Expat Section' started by barryrio, Apr 25, 2020.

1. djfinn6230

djfinn6230 DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +953 / 117
    Blood Type:
    B+
    Well known millennial spokesman Nick Fuentes bashes not only boomers but gen-x when he tweets: “Some Boomers/Gen X will go to great lengths to destruct the “Biased Gen Z theme” because they feel threatened by the fresh, young and dynamic. None of the old ppl critiquing the meme even understand its actual premise, they are more concerned with jealously guarding their ‘turf’“. I think he is spot on; old Boomers and Gen X people exhibiting human nature is not unusual, just as all mammals who protect their turf doesn’t surprise me. I guess what is surprising is that he ignores the fact that sooner rather than later, Gen Z will inherit this turf and history will repeat. BTW, boomers welcome Gen X to the ranks of “old people”, people aged 40-54. That is my :troll: back :lol:.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  2. Happy Camper

Happy Camper DI Senior Member Restricted Account Infamous Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,395 / 180
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Never addressed the futility of your original post. But once in a while the police get lucky and those people would say that they are very grateful. Never heard of anyone say, "Thank heaven for the camera."

So, also when the police remove the drunk driver from the road that is reactionary? Maybe saved quite a few lives. Stop and frisk wasn't reactionary, and it saved many lives. Intercepting drug shipments save many lives. Intercepting human traffickers probably is very worthy. There are many crimes and criminals being taken down daily, and not cameras, it is the people doing it.

Once again, nothing but snark and that includes your second comment. I thought you had matured and looked at things rationally. My mistake.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. danbandanna

danbandanna DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +1,482 / 300
    Blood Type:
    A+
    .[/QUOTE]
    Wow ... just wow

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. djfinn6230

Ratings:
    +953 / 117
    Blood Type:
    B+
    Yeah, I know what you mean. It’s like “if you have nothing illegal on you and you people come from the wrong part of town, why would you be so worried about me violating your 4th Amendment rights???”.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    The constitution is nothing but toilet paper to conservatives until someone is trying implement reasonable gun legislation or saying happy holiday to them...then they start screaming about their rights and the founding fathers.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. john boy

john boy DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Retired
    Ratings:
    +1,155 / 230
    The O/P was highlighting two things in the UK, violence and lack of respect in Society.
    It would be foolish to think that these two subjects don't happen elsewhere including the Philippines.
    The higher up the ladder one perceives to be, the less likely you are to see it, it is the front-liners that see the effects it has on people of all ages.
    For what it is worth, my own obsevation is we now see the "Blame" generation coming through, hence they blame their parents, blame their upbringing and blame Society.
    The fortunate ones are those whose parents have given them hope, encouragement and love, yes it might sound sloppy but they are the ones who are the exception to the "Lost Generation"
    And provided they don't become condescending,( cough cough ), really are the only hope for the future of Humanity and the Planet.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2020
  7. OP
    OP
    barryrio

barryrio DI Member

Ratings:
    +328 / 26

8. Show Pony

Show Pony DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +2,377 / 1,261
    What makes you think that I am suckling on anybodys teat?
    My retirement started over 10 years ago at the age of 53. I am self financed and don't depend on anyone. Just so you know I have put a couple of kids through College and University so they don't start off behind the 8 ball.

No not kidding at all. Some kids today seem to think because an old person doesn't know how to use an app they are stupid. Those kids are annoying to say the least. When I started working microprocessors were pretty scarce. WE used bleeding AND gates, OR gates and FLIPFLOPs

As far as debit goes, yep the past genereations squandered a lot of money, no doubt about that. When it comes to the current generations understanding of finance I don't think they understand very much at all. Answer me this; if they are such financial geniuses why would they spend more money on multiple degrees in subjects like art hsitroy, fine arts basket weaving when it will take them years to recover that "investment". By the way which generation would like the goverment to pay down their student debt.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. djfinn6230

Ratings:
    +953 / 117
    Blood Type:
    B+
    In school we KNEW the real purpose of a flip-flop:

“The prime directive of a flip-flop is to eliminate all organic life-forms on Earth.”

:lol: (Engineer jokes are not that funny but we try).

• Like Like x 1
  10. Philpots

Philpots DI Senior Member Restricted Account

Ratings:
    +801 / 170
    Blood Type:
    A-
    Think you forgot th Nands and the Nors. And what about the op amps too?

• Thanks Thanks x 1