Dumaguete Info Search

Thank God we haven't any human garbage like this here...

Discussion in 'Expat Section' started by barryrio, Apr 25, 2020.

1. john boy

john boy DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Retired
    Ratings:
    +1,155 / 230
    The O/P was about an incident which happen in UK, just to remind everyone.
    However some of the replies have highlighted the differences in Generational thinking, which begs the question, have we learn't anything from previous mistakes ?
    As a member of the older generation ( still have'nt worked out Boomers, Generation X's Millenniums etc ) certainly some of the old values have disappeared.
    While I recognised the advances in skills and knowledge of the second generation's abilities and indeed the up and coming third generation's grasp of the world today.
    I would say that along the way certain values have been lost, arrogance has replaced humility in society and in manys ways materialization has stolen the lives of the young.
    Info-Humility.jpg

• Like Like x 2
    Last edited: May 4, 2020
  2. mattchu5150

mattchu5150 DI Member

Ratings:
    +168 / 32
    As a Gen Xer, I am tired of being categorized as a group. We are raised to be an individual with supposedly the morals passed on by the previous generation (since we were raised by them). The generation classification seems to come from how politics/the wealthy and corruption tends to sway during that particular period. What they deem is ok, tends to becomes the new normal in that period, but i will never drink the Kool-aid of todays politics, it is clearly now a way to continue to erode human rights. I am the father of a 26 year old, sometimes when we talk, she reacts opposite to the way I raised her, hmm how could that be? Then I remind her that 5th place didn't win nor deserves a medal. I hope she passes that on to hers.

My 2 Cents.

• Like Like x 3
  3. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,540 / 1,016
    Condescending remarks regarding young vs. Old are like comparing Jerry West to Kobe Bryant or Joe Montana to Tom Brady. Like trying to teach a pig to sing. You waste your time and annoy the pig.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Yeah, but it is fun get boomers to go full snowflake, a term a significant portion of them commonly used and think applies mainly to younger generations...then listen to them say how such language and sentiment shouldn't be allowed when directed towards them. :wink:

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Always a Poppy

Always a Poppy DI Senior Member Restricted Account

Ratings:
    +828 / 142

Don't know any of those, so must be something else entirely.

6. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086
    Well we are in a Country that thinks Age is but a number :cookie:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. john boy

Retired
    Ratings:
    +1,155 / 230
    Like it Jack.
    The Filipino's for me have always shown respect to the older people including their siblings, they may not agree with their elders but would not allow them to lose face.
    It was and I hope will continue to be, a mark of respect that the West has long since lost. Certainly here in UK the Filipino Community still hold up those traditions. JB

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. john boy

Retired
    Ratings:
    +1,155 / 230
    Neither have I, but have you ever tried to teach a pig to sing, now that's funny!

• Like Like x 1
  9. djfinn6230

djfinn6230 DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +953 / 117
    Blood Type:
    B+
    Millennial YouTuber of the “groyper wars”, Nick Fuentes, and his millennial generation followers look along this as a generational thing; in many ways, his generation politically embraces old-time values; he calls himself a paleo-conservative, it is a well defined term but not like traditional conservative boomers at all. He will tell you that many millennials grew up that way due to the nonsense “values” and idiotic education that they suffered under their liberal Gen X parents. Boomers are irrelevant to them; however they do generally support Trump’s policies. He has no mercy on Gen X either; for upper thirties to mid fifties, go away you liberal snowflakes! He has a strong following of what they call “groypers” asking , embarrassing questions for example, of millennial mainstream conservative Shapiro about Israeli Policy contradictions in Zionism, during college talks, and also laughing at how liberal politics can be so hypocritical and joking about gay presidential candidates using gayness as some intersectionality issue simply for votes from “virtue signalers” and the like, and, what they really think about Gen-x manufactured theories about the existence of than 2 genders. You ought to watch this person’s movements especially if you think Gen X has any millennial street cred left. Gen X is all ‘timed out”, just as wasted away in history as the boomers. He is a Trump (boomer) supporter but only because of poor choice of liberal candidates. Nick Fuentes’ millennials have intelligently stopped focusing on the old worn-out concepts of liberal vs conservative; it is more of a battle between nationalism vs globalism (something real), of social democracy as vs globalist crony capitalism. They seem to value their 2nd amendment rights and do not blame inanimate objects like guns for killing people. They make hilarious fun of the absurd, several new gender identities but they also seem to prefer Bernie Sanders-style social democracy at the national level and they hate USA crony capitalism, especially when it takes US jobs overseas and destroys US middle class and defense-sufficiency. They know that it is just a conservative red-herring to call sanders a communist; he is not but liberal gen X upper thirties/mid fifties people have brought back the Joe McCarthy years to re-engage the red menace in many levels, with about the same level of intelligent thought that McCarthy had as well. It is interesting to watch the new generation evolve, as politically liberal Gen X and conservative boomers take their rightful place in history’s irrelevancy bin. I am a boomer. Born that way lol. I think the millennials will be incredible leaders in the future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 3
  10. john boy

Retired
    Ratings:
    +1,155 / 230
    Having read the above posting, I have to admit I didn't understand a word of it, so excuse my ignorance
    I have now found out that the "Major Generations of the Western World consists of the Lost Generation, Greatest Generation, Silent Generation, Baby Boomers, Generation X, Millennials, Generation Z and Generation Alpha.
    So before I quietly sneek back to my blissful ignorant retirement status, I would just like to make clear, that my reference in a previous post in this topic, referring to the
    "Lost Generation" was in no way a reference to people who suffered the scars of post war stress.
    My description "lost Generation" was referring to teenagers, the likes of those reported in the opening post who have turned their backs on all forms of respect for Society.

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: May 5, 2020