Dumaguete Info Search

Thanksgiving at Casablanca

Discussion in 'Dining - Nightlife - Entertainment' started by Edward K, Nov 16, 2016.

1. Edward K

Edward K DI Senior Member Veteran Navy

Ratings:
    +996 / 82
    For those of you who came to town after 2010 (like me), Guenther puts on a T-day turkey dinner for those who want some of the old country. I discovered the 2010 thread with plenty of comment as to the original Thanksgiving in the Archives on this site for those who'd like to check it out. Also good reviews for the dinner. Reservations are suggested, according to the blurb on the tables. Also gives him an idea of how many boids to buy.

2. woodenships11

woodenships11 DI Junior Member Showcase Reviewer

Professional "Neer do well!"
    Ratings:
    +12 / 1
    Blood Type:
    A-
    Real new here. I'm in the dark. There is a place called Casablanca and they do a Thanksgiving "spread??" Is that right so far?? I'm interested. Tell me more. Thank you,

3. OP
    OP
    Edward K

Edward K DI Senior Member Veteran Navy

Ratings:
    +996 / 82
    Hi and Welcome... Casablanca is one of the better restaurants in Dumaguete, and yes, they have done a Thanksgiving dinner for maybe 5 years. It is located on Rizal ("the" Boulevard) at the corner of Noblefranca. Strolling up and down Rizal in that area has quite a few good restaurants, some not so good, some overpriced. Rizal is a nice area, and some not so nice parts, but that's any street in the world. Just stay alert. 1.4 km north on Flores (continuation of Rizal) are Lantaw and Cafe Racer, also very good. I had a bad experience at Hayahay (500 pesos worth), neighbor to Lantaw and Racer, so i don't recommend it, but worth at least one try. There are dozens of good restaurants all over the municipality and neighboring Valencia, Bacong, Dauin, Sibulan and further afield. Our book is up to 40 and we've only been here four months.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Charlie

Charlie DI Senior Member Restricted Account Veteran Coast Guard

Ratings:
    +417 / 128
    What happened to the "Thanksgiving at Casablanca"thread ? Did I lose it ?

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. AlwaysRt

AlwaysRt DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Blood Donor Veteran Air Force Marines

Ratings:
    +1,329 / 391
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Nope, I lost it, sorry. Got bit by that off topic bug again and couldn't resist dammit, I hate it when that happens.

...and now back to our regularly scheduled post....