Dumaguete Info Search

Food & Grocery Best Posts in Thread: The Best Chicken Wings

1. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I have been searching for some great chicken wings. I prefer a spicy buffalo sauce on my wings but I'm open to other flavors. I'm reluctant to share as my favorite is not really frequented by foreigners and I don't want some lonely big mouth idiot going in there telling the owner how they could make more money or increase the price of this or that item...but this my ranking for wings so far:

1. The Pub - Dumaguete: by far the largest and most flavorful wings. Could use a bit more spice. There is an extra perk to this bar if you are a rum drinker. Don't you dare tell them how cheap one specific brand is compared to other places! Other menu items are quite good for a locally ran business.
    x4 very large wings - About P180
    (Note: my last visit included x3 main course dishes, x3 double shots, x2 single shots and x2 coke zero. Total was P1015.)

2. Bamboo Bobs - San Miguel: used to have very large wings (x4) with a very good and spicy sauce but my last visit resulted in x3 smaller wings with a sub-par and less spicy sauce. P250. Perk is the drink and food cards. Order 10 drinks or food items get one free (excellent if you are a double shot + soft drink customer, each counts as 1 drink order. Owner is friendly and hands out free drinks... ymmv.)

3. Fin Bar - Dauin: I believe x4-5 medium wings. This is just fried wings with a bit of sauce put on top. I don't think they have buffalo but their korean wings are decent. Can't remember the price but I want to say around P150-180.

4. Sideways - Dumaguete: p*ss off. Should be removed from the menu. Jollibee is a better option. Small, dry meat, oily. Whatever the price it is absolutely not worth it.

Still looking for that BWW level of wing. If anyone knows a place please post it here.

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. mattchu5150

mattchu5150 DI Member

Ratings:
    +168 / 32
    I am planning to give Ton Up a shot. They have an unli wing night and Buffalo sauce.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1