Dumaguete Info Search

Suggestion The Boulevard Residences

Discussion in 'Dumaguete City' started by Dave_Hounddriver, May 13, 2016.

1. Anonymous

Anonymous DI Member

Ratings:
    +108 / 12
    There's supposed to be a limit to how much down payment is required to limit what you describe

2. Anonymous

Anonymous DI Member

Ratings:
    +108 / 12
    Many of the buyers are probably investors expecting the value of their condo to go up.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    It certainly is silly if that is true and it wouldn't surprise me any.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. OP
    OP
    Dave_Hounddriver

Dave_Hounddriver DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Ratings:
    +2,502 / 1,061
    I know of many condos and houses that are delivered as a "shell" and these are probably that way. It means you have 4 walls, a roof, door, toilet and sink and the rest is up to you to provide.

I am guessing that by "no kitchen" you may mean that propane appliances are not allowed in the units but as far as I know there is no reason you could not put in an electric stove or induction cooktop.

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Dr. Shiva

Dr. Shiva DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +480 / 165
    Blood Type:
    O-
    No kitchen is not the same as not having a stove. If going electric stove better go induction. Saves a lot of electrical power.

But if the condos are really in a somewhat raw condition after buying, then the prices are really too high.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. OP
    OP
    Dave_Hounddriver

Dave_Hounddriver DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Ratings:
    +2,502 / 1,061
    I suppose it is a matter of perspective. When I looked into buying a new condo in Cebu some years back it was in a similar raw condition at a similar price. Its hard to be specific as the 2.5M units are just bachelor pads, about the size of a hotel room so would not be expected to have a full kitchen but the 1 or 2 bedroom units should have space for a kitchen and yes, they are more expensive than some condos in small town Canada.

So I am curious what kind or unit you are thinking of when you make your comments? For me, a full size condo would be too expensive and I would expect a spot for a kitchen, but a bachelor pad size might suit me and that would not be a fair comparison.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. Dr. Shiva

Ratings:
    +480 / 165
    Blood Type:
    O-
    #2 Best Answer
    Saw once a fully furnished two floor 100 sqm condo going for 4 Mio php in Lapu-Lapu city. That looked like a very reasonable price. On the opposite I saw similar condos unfurnished going for 15 Mio php in Davao. The latter one are completely overpriced. The only benefit is that the shopping mall is right downstairs.

The building price for a high rise condo building per sqm is approximately 2000 to 7000 php lower than for a single house of equal standard. When you have to pay more than 40k pkp per sqm for an unfurnished standard condo and do not have superior amenities then it is too much.

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,207 / 1,082
    What is it they Say "You only get what you pay for"

BTW Doc, when you say fully Furnished for 4 Mil, what exactly do you mean by fully Furnished?

• Like Like x 1
  9. Dr. Shiva

Ratings:
    +480 / 165
    Blood Type:
    O-
    Fully furnished means that you can move in and live without to get additional furnitures.

On the 15 Mio condo there you pay a lot for nothing additional. Yeah you could be able to pay a 5 Mio php condo of same standard level and still miss nothing of that 15 Mio php condo.

10. osodelnorte

osodelnorte DI Forum Adept Restricted Account Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +254 / 86

no.. i mean no kitchen... period.. silly... yes.. very filipino.. yes..

• Funny Funny x 2