Dumaguete Info Search

Marriage Visa The Conversion from 9a Tourist to 13a resident !

Discussion in 'Passports and Visas' started by Jack Peterson, Feb 27, 2016.

1. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086
    :bag: Good Morning All, I am putting this here so that it does not muddy another Thread on a similar issue. After speaking to my Lawyer Last night (A Filipino BI Lawyer) she tells me that many Foreigners fall down on this issue.
    PROBATIONARY.
    Once you have been approved for a 13a This is not the End of it, We ( or our Agent if used) Must revisit the BI to have our Passports Stamped (Time limit is usually 6/8 weeks) the Stamp will say Converted from 9a Tourist to Section 13a Probationary Resident and will give a date of it's expiry If, this is not done they can dismiss this 13a and you will be left at the mercy of the last entitlement of Stay which will be your last extension and as thus you will be an Over stayer.
    CONVERSION TO PERMANENT.
    1 Year or 9 months they say, we have to do it all again, then a new Stamp will be put in the Passport to State you are now a Permanent Resident on section 13a. The Word Permanent means No expiry date. Although some members may have a date on theirs.( ie: 5 years)
    As to the ACR Cards the First one will be for 1 year the next will be for 5 years ( Although I believe this is to Change) they can take 8/10 weeks as we know already Some times longer, that's OK as it is what is in the Passport that is important.
    Just a Heads up on this as it is Important we all Understand

I just thought that it would be prudent at this time to write and say we Must be aware of these things as What it says in our Passports, is what the Authorities will be looking For.

Sorry if it seems I am Preaching to the Choir but just Lately it seems that some are overlooking the Obligations we need to be Doing to stay Legal.

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
  2. kelpguy

kelpguy DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +675 / 92
    thanks for the heads up, JP. i was given a green colored ¼ sheet of paper, titled ''REMINDERS,'' when i was interviewed for the 13A in Cebu.

i copied the note below exactly as worded, including punctuation , underlines and bold text:

FOR CONVERSION OF TEMPORARY VISITOR'S VISA
    (TTV):

• Always keep TVV updated until APPROVAL
    DATE of the application

• APPROVED Visa must be implemented or
    stamped on the passport within 2 months
    from date of approval to avoid forfeiture of
    the Visa (Note: This applies also TRV, 9D, & 9G
    Visa extension / 13A amendment APPROVED
    applications)

• If APPROVED when the applicant is out of the
    country, must apply for REVALIDATION
    first upon arrival (within 15 days. from date
    of ARRIVAL) before the visa will be
    implemented on the passport.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. OP
    OP
    Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086
    Just goes to show that those that did not bother to Read the notes will be the moaners that have to do it again. Thanks for the Verification on this as it is sometimes a little Foggy relying on Memory. But I see I was not too far wrong, that pleases me.:thumbsup: :wink: Lets hope this has woken a few up that have not done as they should Have. :rolleyes:

• Agree Agree x 1