Dumaguete Info Search

the jab...

Discussion in 'COVID-19' started by kelpguy, Nov 14, 2023.

1. kelpguy

kelpguy DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +677 / 92
  2. Mike_Haddon

Mike_Haddon DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +318 / 31
    Taking the jab (or not) was/is a personal choice to protect yourself (or not). That way it should remain. The main thing I agree with Brand on is that ALL available information should be public knowledge. Then just let people make their own decisions. Had this been done and lots more people had died plus health systems become totally overrun, then maybe the current view of the likes of Brand would be more muted. We will never know.

• Like Like x 1
  3. djfinn6230

djfinn6230 DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +954 / 117
    Blood Type:
    B+
    I am wondering if the later monovalent and last year's bivalent vaccines are fully FDA approved, not experimental like all of the covid vaccines of the past. Private companies develop, manufacture and sell the vaccines so release of all information is not feasible or mandatory. If they were developed by governments, that would be different. These private companies are free to disclose or not disclose whatever they want as long as FDA gets all the data they ask for (nothing more).

I think that most important is that these variants are all omicron, the original weaked variant that ended the global pandemic. The media, manufacturers and some governments, trying as hard as they may, just cannot get the people to worry about it anymore as it was on the beginning.

There will be no more COVID lockdowns (sorry about that, petty tyrants) because as far as the public is concerned COVID IS OVER.

• Like Like x 1
  4. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,575 / 1,017
    I had three Covid jabs and still above ground so no worrys here.

• Like Like x 2
  5. jimeve

jimeve DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired.
    Ratings:
    +1,876 / 1,029
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Same here, including boosters.

• Like Like x 2
  6. cabb

cabb DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster ✤Forum Sponsor✤

Ratings:
    +1,107 / 241
    Watching TV while I eat breakfast and just saw an advertisement from Moderna to get the shot. I suspect that Covid will be looked at just like the Flu. It's here to stay, a new vaccine every year and some will/won't get it. Some will die and people won't blink an eye. As mentioned earlier it is now a personal choice. I've had all shots except the most recent, primarily because it didn't have any negative consequences. I'm not sure if I ever had Covid or not. This year a little too lazy to go get it.

From CDC:
    The burden of flu disease in the United States can vary widely and is determined by a number of factors including the characteristics of circulating viruses, the timing of the season, how well the vaccine is working to protect against illness, and how many people got vaccinated. While the effects of flu varies, it places a substantial burden on the health of people in the United States each year.

CDC estimates that flu has resulted in 9 million – 41 million illnesses, 140,000 – 710,000 hospitalizations and 12,000 – 52,000 deaths annually between 2010 and 2020.

• Like Like x 2
  7. NowandThen

NowandThen DI Forum Adept Restricted Account

Ratings:
    +353 / 87
    Blood Type:
    AB+
    I had the latest "mix" of Moderna last week. All ok. No side effects.Just the usual pain at the injection site. I don't know whether this booster was necessary. But I thought to myself if I've already done the previous ones, one more won't do any harm. :smile:

Gesendet von meinem M2101K6G mit Tapatalk

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. Dutchie

Dutchie DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +1,744 / 123
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Can I ask where you went / what you did to get the latest booster?

• I was wondering about that too! I was wondering about that too! x 1
  9. NowandThen

NowandThen DI Forum Adept Restricted Account

Ratings:
    +353 / 87
    Blood Type:
    AB+
    I got it in Singapore.

Gesendet von meinem M2101K6G mit Tapatalk

10. Notmyrealname

Notmyrealname DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,628 / 2,895
    But that's not how anaphylactic shock works! Not saying that any vaccine would cause it but taking more of something you had previously (and possibly had a mild reaction to) is how severe anaphylactic shock can occur. Fortunately @DAVE1952 et al, it seems not to be the case with booze! :smile: