Dumaguete Info Search

The Kindness of stranger's

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by john boy, Apr 9, 2023.

1. john boy

john boy DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Retired
    Ratings:
    +1,155 / 230
    Call it modern day stresses of life, but while the world seems to be on a treadmill.
    London specially known for it's unfriendliness, as most walk round like zombies with no eye contact, today I had a pleasant experience.
    Being a busy Bank holiday weekend ( Easter Week ) with the sun shining nicely we decided to cross the border into Wales. On arrival at Conwy Castle car park I found the parking meters would not accept credit cards without using a special app;
    Struggling to obtain a ticket I asked the help of a small group of people when they realised I couldnt connect, one youg lady said give me your car number, registraition
    colour and model, she immediately got through and paid for my parking!
    I explained I had no change and she said, dont worry I've paid it for you, enjoy your day
    I thank her and her friends for their help and kindness.
    Why the story? well may I ask when was the last time a stranger offered you help, I would love to hear of acts of kindness anybody has experienced.
    Have a Blessed Easter Sunday.....JB

• Like Like x 2
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2023
  2. Crystalhead

Crystalhead ADMIN Admin ★ Forum Moderator ★ ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ ★★ Forum Sponsor ★★ ★ No Ads ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired
    Ratings:
    +1,991 / 1,090
    My Wife was 54 when we retired just over 4 years ago. She has a Dear Friend back in Canada that has a 92 year Old Mother and they cannot afford a CareGiver for her. My Wife is flying back to Canada and has offered to care for the Women as a Live-in for minimum 2 years at no charge. Of coarse as it is finalized the Family has sought out a few avenues to ensure my Wife indeed has a wage. None the less she offered something many would not. Even flying back on her dime.

• Like Like x 1
  3. God Bless Texas

God Bless Texas DI Member

Ratings:
    +294 / 17
    J.B. great idea and story. Not only did she provide a service, she took care of the financial portion too. What an angel.

My example:
    We built a house so far away from the hiway I doubt the on-line retail delivery people would find us even with directions. I spoke with a sari-sari store owner (young lady in collage) and her boyfriend asking if I can use their address. Not only did they agree, there is no "service" fee, and they offered to pay for my orders upon delivery (really rare to have someone pay for things here).
    I can in turn pay them when I pick it up, which is not always the same day based on weather and dirt road conditions.
    Since then the couple have become my "go to" when I need some information about the local community, finding places or people to do certain jobs.
    Questions that start with "how can I" or "do you know someone who can".
    She also opened a separate G-cash account for me since mine has failed to be verified and keeps me informed of my balance after transactions.
    Truly a kind and generous heart, I'm blessed to know her.

• Like Like x 4
  4. NowandThen

NowandThen DI Forum Adept Restricted Account

Ratings:
    +353 / 87
    Blood Type:
    AB+
    Made me thinking of a business idea. This delivery guys have not only to deliver to rather remote Barangays but have often problems to find the correct address. No street name nor house no. What about renting a big storage room in downtown Dumaguete and allowing the customers to use it as a delivery address ? Charging a small fee for a pick up within 30 days. Fees will be depend of the size of the parcel. So only advantage for both parties: Receiver have time enough to pick it up. Delivery company can save money for gasoline, stress and time.

Gesendet von meinem M2101K6G mit Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  5. jimeve

jimeve DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired.
    Ratings:
    +1,856 / 1,026
    Blood Type:
    A+
    They have already, depends on the courier. Shopee is in duma and lazada is in Banilad, LBC express is in banilad. not sure about the rest or the correct address.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Crystalhead

Crystalhead ADMIN Admin ★ Forum Moderator ★ ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ ★★ Forum Sponsor ★★ ★ No Ads ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired
    Ratings:
    +1,991 / 1,090
    My adopted Father took on 6 Foster Children and worked over 50 years to give his all to them. I have never seen an equal in any single Man while he was alive and even since his passing when it comes to kindness. In my life, he defined it/

• Like Like x 4