Dumaguete Info Search

The Knife Angel

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by john boy, Jul 14, 2022.

1. john boy

john boy DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Retired
    Ratings:
    +1,155 / 230
    As part of a campaign in the UK, there has been a amnesty to rid the streets of knife crime, it has resulted in over 100,000 knifes being handed into Police station's throughout the UK.
    I don't have the full details of who actually designed and had it made,but the "Knife Angel" is at present in my local town as part of a tour around Britain.
    It's said to be a hundred thousand knifes blunted and welded together to create the statue. I'm not sure of the weight but it stands aleast 20 feet tall.
    Situated at the entrance to Birkenhead Park for a short period, which incidently was the model for Central Park New York!
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2022
  2. Best Answer:
    Post #2 by Garcia, Jul 14, 2022 (4 points)
  3. Garcia

Garcia DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +322 / 129
    Best Answer
    Less knifes around the better, however tomorrow I could visit 5 supermarkets and buy a complete set x 5 from each. Still as least they not guns like the dumb @ss USA laws allow. How many children murdered? When is the next massacre due, its coming that's a given. To think that I could go drive into town and buy an AK47 is insanity. I have OK to show a bit of paperwork which of course means Jack sh*t. Or I go black market. Guns are the issue as well as people. The right of course claim its written in some backwards constitution to do with freedom. The freedom to get shot it appears. The right are the USA's biggest inside threat, and Trump was a typical example against democracy. Still most now know his true colours and hopefully that sh*t storm won't happen again?

• Like Like x 1
  4. Crystalhead

Crystalhead ADMIN Admin ★ Forum Moderator ★ ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ ★★ Forum Sponsor ★★ ★ No Ads ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired
    Ratings:
    +1,991 / 1,090
    Hence the numerous articles on record spike on (baseball bats) in UK, less blood and can be carried almost any where if holding a glove and ball in other hand. Gotta love those Brits.

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. OP
    OP
    john boy

john boy DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Retired
    Ratings:
    +1,155 / 230
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2022