Dumaguete Info Search

The new NEW software.

Discussion in 'Forum Announcements & User Feedback' started by Rye83, Oct 19, 2014.

1. patty

patty DI Forum Adept Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +254 / 18
    Looks nice and love the photos at the start up. Thanks for all your hard work.:smile::D:cool:

• Like Like x 2
  2. xhippie

xhippie DI Member Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +27 / 7
    i am kind of computer stupid..this is easier for me ... thanks:D

• Like Like x 2
  3. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    This news bot clogs up the forum a bit and it's hard to find new posts, also new posts don't show up in the feed sometimes or take ages to get there.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. OP
    OP
    Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Should be good now.

5. tomtorific

tomtorific DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +108 / 30
    I thought I would wait a few days and navigate and find it's quite easy. My only observation Wrye, is it seems the font contrast (I guess it's called) on most posts looks to be as if it's printed with a inkjet running out of ink. Maybe a prob with my settings?

6. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086
    Yeah Yeah! AWOL and NO Sick note.

JP:confused::p

• Like Like x 1
  7. tomtorific

tomtorific DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +108 / 30
    Actually Tito Jack I moved to Sarasota, Fl from Clearwater, Fl and started a new job. I work nights which is your days. If you need a note, I'll give you my toll receipts. [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. OP
    OP
    Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    @tomtorific I darkened all the text a bit. Let me know if that helped.

(btw: I just found a new feature...if you type @ and type a user name you can mention them and it will show up in their alerts up top.)

9. OP
    OP
    Rye83

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    FYI: The Featured Threads (the thread you see at the top of the breadcrumb) are completely automated now. They are automatically featured based off of the number of replies/likes/views/etc a specific thread gets. I no longer hand select which ones will be placed up there. Purely automated and based off of a threads popularity now.

10. OP
    OP
    Rye83

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Added a few more changes to the forum:

1. Members currently viewing/have viewed a post. Currently viewing is above the reply box at the bottom of a thread and those who have viewed the thread is below the comment box.
    Screenshot from 2015-01-14 21:03:57.png

2. Similar threads. When you go to create a new thread the software looks for similar threads that have already been started. They appear below the Title field on the create a thread page. They should also show up in some threads under the first post (if on page 1 of the thread) or under/above the reply text box (if on the second+ page)....though I don't seem to have the settings correct as it doesn't show on many threads with similar content.

Screenshot from 2015-01-14 21:08:56.png

3. Active members. This shows what members have been active in the past 48 hours (updated every 5 minutes). This is on the main forum list page on the side widget.

Screenshot from 2015-01-14 21:03:02.png

4. Avatars show up to most recent member reply.

Screenshot from 2015-01-14 21:06:22.png

None of these mods will change how you use the forum (except maybe the Similar threads modification).....more just using this thread as a change log for the forum.