Dumaguete Info Search

The start of the end of the EU!

Discussion in 'News and Weather' started by DavyL200, Jun 28, 2015.

1. OP
    OP
    DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    A few people think if Greece do bail on a permanent basis and are sucsessful then how will people look at the EU.
    And with a UK referendum coming up by the end of 2017 this may influence the people depending how Greece get on.

2. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Has there never been a country to pull out of the EU before? What happened to them?

3. Hans Boot

Hans Boot DI Member Restricted Account

Ratings:
    +165 / 27
    The urge to depart from the EU and the EURO is not limited to the UK only: A recent poll showed that 60+% of the Dutch want a Nexit (about the same % as NO voters in Greece) as soon as possible. Actually, there was a referendum before the EURO was introduced and the result was that the Dutch did not want the single currency. As usual, the results of that referendum were cast aside by those in power as it didn't fit their picture...

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. OP
    OP
    DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    Never has there been a pull out of the EU yet, it's more serious than people think! Merkel as i see it is a modern day hitler and needs to be dealt with, Germany pretty much controls the EU and needs to be stopped before it gets out of hand. We survived before before the EU and imf so we can manage again.
    The EU are so scared about the Greece issue and really want them to stay in and I think they will do what they can to sort it out.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Hans Boot

Hans Boot DI Member Restricted Account

Ratings:
    +165 / 27
    There's much more at stake than a 'simple' loss of support funds, however painful that might be. If Greece would bail out of the Euro and subsequently out of the Eurozone, the door to partnering up with his (already) big pal Putin would be the next episode in this drama. That scenario is not what 'friend' Obama appreciates as it would make a farce of NATO because the Russkies would get a free naval base (at minimum) in the Mediterranean. Apart from all this geopolitical nonsense, most 'leaders' of European countries will have their hands full keeping their own population to stay meek as a flock of sheep and not want to follow the Greek example.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. nwlivewire

nwlivewire DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer Blood Donor Veteran Army Navy

RETIRED
    Ratings:
    +715 / 91
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Looks like Greece is on economic life support, and the German Doctor and her team of other Doctors are trying their best to bring Greece back from certain death.

Russia could very likely become an inheritor - so could China. Both are reported to have increased their precious metal holdings...

And to top this off, Wall Street computers supposedly went down today for 3.5 hours today.

ALL trading halted here in the States.

Odd coincidence? Benign glitch? Cyber attack?

Crazy days we live in....

nwlivewire

• Like Like x 1
  7. Miguel

Miguel DI Member Restricted Account

Ratings:
    +109 / 39
    EU may go down, who cares... But I would like to follow Germany. They say Germany and Japan lost WWII. Well, they are among the wealthiest nations today.

They say Great Britain was a winner in WWII. No empire any more, Little Britain they call the foggy island, mother of all boiler rooms. -

Greece is Levant, not Europe - a nation of crooks, a failed state, rest product of 500 years of Ottoman rule. Morgan Stanley forged the books to get Greece into EU (persecute!) . Corrupt politicians in EU took in Greece eager to create their own empire. Don't follow Your leaders.

• Like Like x 1
  8. nwlivewire

RETIRED
    Ratings:
    +715 / 91
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Interesting.....

I wonder if what you posted may be a partial explanation of the emails I got saying institutional investors are saying to wait a bit more to buy Greece real estate....

9. nwlivewire

RETIRED
    Ratings:
    +715 / 91
    Blood Type:
    A+
    I got this video in my email this morning.

Would any European posters on this site please take a look at this and give me your take on this?

Thanks!

V/R,
    nwlivewire

Nigel Farage destroys the euro groupthink in just 4 minutes.

10. Miguel

Miguel DI Member Restricted Account

Ratings:
    +109 / 39
    NF is a joke. His party, UKIP, was wiped out in latest election.